cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Help is on the way (from Marketing Page)

I have to post it here - I spent too much time to just have this post deleted from the marketing page.

Time - First off - I have been here more than once a year.  It's just in the last year or two, it seems that many whom frequent this site didn't like what I had to say, and my posts were either removed or moved to the forum.  Yesterday, I posted both here, and on the forum, so I wouldn't have to repeat my thoughts when I got zapped.

Had my comments have been left up here, there may have been farmers reading my post that may have sold more, when they could've at higher prices.  But the overwhelming reply to my posts, was that a trade war, if it ever happened, would not affect farmers bottom line. 

It's like the housing crisis - who could've seen it coming?  All you had to do, was look.  Look at the people buying those houses, and the cars, and the boats, and all the other toys that I couldn't afford in the early 2000's, and I was making nearly $200,000. per year.  If you had a pulse - you qualified for a mortgage.  And, like what happened in the late 70's and 80's, you better buy a farm now, because with prices going up 20% per year, you may not ever be able to buy one.

I've said it before on here - I'll say it again.  NO ONE, AND I MEAN NO ONE, BUYS ANYTHING THEY DON'T ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO FROM SOMEONE THEY PERCEIVE AS CROOKED, A LIAR, OR WHOM YOU CAN'T RELY ON TO FULFILL THEIR ALREADY SIGNED COMMITMENTS.

The situation we have now, violates all three.  And, you can add BULLY to the list,  as this is how our so called president, and by default, AMERICA AT LARGE, is now seen by the world.  

New markets - to replace China and Mexico?   What a joke.  Maybe Trump can get some of his buddy Strongman Dictator countries to buy some - but it will never replace what has been lost.  And what has been lost, will take a long, long time to replace.

You guys are so quick to say, "UNFAIR TRADE!!!!".  In reality, it's nothing different than what is done, and has been done, throughout history.  How many times, have farmers......US farmers......bought crops from South America because those produced here were $0.10 more a bushel than they could be procured form Brazil?   LOTS is the answer.  

Consumers are ALWAYS going to purchase form someone who can do it cheaper.  Period.  And the quality doesn't necessarily come into play many times.  It simply has to work for the life expectancy that you want it for.  For those selling - it simply means getting past the warranty period.  Then it's the purchaser's problem.

Make a product that is cheaper, and does the job, and you keep your customers.  Make it more expensive,  or worse, piss them off like our country just has, and you may never see them again.

It took many years to get our markets where they were.  Farm commodities from the US to developing countries are used primarily to feed animals, which we in the West equate to a higher level of living.  All that will happen, is that meat there will get too expensive for many to have again, and they will revert back to the staples that have worked well, and kept them happy for generations.  (And  - I should add - healthier!)   Rice and grains that are produced locally.  

Even if Trump says tomorrow, "OK - I give", which will NEVER HAPPEN, the markets have already been lost.  His band aid fix will balloon into many, many billions of dollars before this is done - and I can tell you that the rest of America beyond the barnyard has NO STOMACH to bail out those, that are crying now because of whom they helped elect.

You guys made your bed.....you get to lie in it.  Solve the problem, and not by using the American taxpayer.  I can tell you, there is NO SYMPATHY on the street, for farmers being in financial distress.  You guys have had many years of good prices.....if you didn't save some for a rainy day - who's fault is it?  It's certainly not the American Taxpayers fault.

Tick Tock....BONGx11!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen 

2 Replies
ihmarty543282
Senior Contributor

Re: Do as I say

Jennys_mn in 2020......................

hardnox
Advisor

"Cletus the slack jawed yokel"

as a GOP bigwig recently lamented, that is killing their party in the suburban battleground since that's how the Base is increasingly viewed.

And of course that will only be made worse with Soybean Payola hypocrisy, both for the party and for the farmer.

You can't fix stupid.