Did you mean: 
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Help is on the way

49 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Help is on the way

This is the view from China.  We ain`t backing down...beep `em!

See the source image

futurestrader92
Veteran Contributor

Interesting, makes me wonder if this is bearish news or bullish news for the futures market. 

I'm going to go with bearish. 

deltatrader
Friend

Enjoy cashing your welfare checks, boys.
tOTALED
Frequent Contributor

No free lunch,already paid ahead

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Should be bullish because that means we won't have to sell this fall at $6 a bushel Tumi cash flow needs. I just hope the payments go off of County averages not based on individual quote 170 bushel per acre Bean yields unquote
futurestrader92
Veteran Contributor

Just hopped off a conference call on this, 

Definitely bearish, this solidifies that the tariffs are here to stay until further notice and that these prices are the new "normal"

-FT

jec22
Veteran Advisor

Not saying it will work, but isn't this more a move against China than a move to help farmers?  It was said that China hit soybeans so hard to weaken Trump's middle America base. Seems like it was working, I mean we have had lower prices for a few weeks and the sky is already falling according to many. So the counter move is to mute the effects to the farmer so China loses that leverage.

Why didn't China put tariffs on military equipment imports...because that is not Trump's base and is a protected 'class', just like Trump has not put tariffs on cell phones from China (#1 import). In fact, I see orders are way up to build fighter jets for export-the military complex is a whole different ball game.

Folks, farmers have been pawns for decades. It is just now coming into more light. Still not understanding why we are allowing China to own more and more of the U.S. food supply (hogs).

If Trump succeeds, and that is a big if, its a good deal. If he doesn't, well more decades of same old same old. Only now, you are more aware of the truth of the playing field.

Corn under loan is now lower than a year ago. Beans just a little above.  And that is with significantly larger amounts put under loan for the 2017 crop...some must have needed the extra cash flow. A lot of corn has been moved in this area, price and heat made the decision for some. With satellite technology I am not sure how much farmer's reports are needed anymore.  Some areas are looking to make records this year, so it will just be how big the not record producing areas are.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Feeling The Tariff Burn, Are We?

Good luck getting a farm welfare program through Congress.  We have no money - remember?  That's what Congress has told ,America for years, and now, who are the first with their hands out?

How about a helping had to all the rest of the businesses that are going to take in in the shorts in this "trade war"?   And the end game, is what?  Another war - with no end in sight!  No end game.  Just thinking that the world will bow before our leader.

Suck it up!  If you couldn't see what was about to happen with the "trade war", then all you would've had to do was read my posts that weren't allowed to stay here - and this one probably won't either.

Markets lost, take a long time to get back.  This welfare program is going to have to be the first installment.  There will have to be many more to come to try to keeps this administration's most "precious" base solvent.

Trade war stops today - markets return to normal, right?  FER GID ABOUT IT!  America has a new enemy, it's the entire world.   You helped elect him - Trump made your bed.  Now you get to lie in it.  Don't come to the rest of America with the "Help me!!!!" BS - it's too late for that.....

Tick Tock.......BONGx11!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen

backmansasktel
Senior Contributor

Why do they bury American Farmers only one foot deep?

So they can still get a hand out!