cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: and thinking more on it

I agree.

In the eyes of the neocons, a New Pearl Harbor was essential for the good of the country.

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: and thinking more on it

Regardless of where you choose to start the list, the list is long.
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Rubbish.

I don't care for the right left scale in the way you think of it, but even using your scale, I'd call bull**bleep**. You can't look at our countries changes over the last 100 years and make the statement that the left has yielded to the right. At worst, in your scale, I'd say the far left and far right have effectively merged.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Merged?

How can you claim they have merged when we have the right calling the left communists, Nazis and fascists and you have the left calling the right people who want the poor to all die off and eliminate Social Security and Medicare, etc.?

What they have all merged on is that when they go to Washington, they are firmly in the grip of lobbyists and special interests and forget about their constituents.

I'm not as sure of myself as you are. I could be wrong about lots of things.

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Merged?

Well, first on your scale aren't the communist at one extreme and the fascist at the other? How would you classify a health care law whose goal is to socialize high medical cost by forcing individuals to contract with private companies?
Highlighted

Re: Here is how the libs get rid of Obama.

The Hillary meme is interesting.

Sort of gone and forgotten that we had two families controlling the White House for 20 years and the smart money was betting on 28.

If nothing else, it was worth not going there and I really never thought that McCain had a chance following the 8 previous years of atrocious Republican misrule.

Other than symbolically, I don't know that anything much was accomplished. Obama is on the Bush/Clinton team, whether he started out otherwise is academic.

Highlighted
Advisor

I really wouldnt expect Hillary to be moved to the forefront unless the team was at serious risk of losing. As long as both parties are running team players I think the dems will stick with Obama.
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Well, right now when compared to another Democrat for president, over half (52%) of the Democrats want Obama and against a Repub, the vast majority of Dems will vote for Obama.  Gallup poll.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Rubbish.

Most likely no more so than YOUR definition.  Or mine.  That is the nature of the beast.  The BIG difference is that I understand that I could be wrong but you repubs aren't capable of thinking along those lines.

Highlighted
Advisor

Only bits I ever see or hear about Hillary are from the right, out of some sort of presumption of buyers remorse (granted there is some..considerable most likely) that brings her in as the default alternative. Haven't heard the first Dem figure or pundit say a word about it. Unless there was something about it in Carveille's latest rant, but then he's a big time DINO, just like his old boss. Much releived that Hillary is proving not to be. Wish she was back in the Senate...she was very good at that...although Gillebrand seems to be very good also.

One of Obama's failings has been in not making her POS husband into the Ambassador to the North Pole or Lethoso. With her in we'd only be annoyed with that much more of him.

If The President were to resign, or die or be impeached....whatever...on the nexxt day we'd have the guy in office who was my first choice among the serious contenders in the nomination field (Kuccincih was 1st, but a stretch to refer to hm as seriously having had a chance).

PSST: In a Milligan like "you heard it here first" flash, if we can hold the republic together for another 25 years Joe Biden's son Beau will likely be President some day.