Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samnospam
Advisor

"A majority of voters want one party to control"

queue the enabling act.

Jim B. in Iowa
Senior Contributor

Re: Here's a poll you Righties are going to love!!

This country is in four a rough time at some point...probably within the next couple years.  Whoever is in power IS going to get some or most of the blame.  Neither party is going to do the tough things that need done to escape.  GLWT. 

Jim B. in Iowa
Senior Contributor

Re: Here's something you liberals forget.....

@schnurrbart wrote:

No, the reason for that is that repubs won't compromise on anything a Dem puts out.  He did have control but not enough for cloture and the repubs would not offer anything but obstacles.  The only reason health care passed when it did was that most repubs walked out.  Now there is talk of romney offering compromise on things!  But it will be the same old thing--it only goes forth if the Dems  compromise and accept the repubs way.

That has nothing to do with how they slipped healthcare through....I noticed you never did respond about the rate of FICA/SS...you were spouting 30%...or were you just foolin' us??

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re:I don't want to tax the rich

I favor taxing income as we are supposed to be doing. Unfortunately business and it's stockholders don't want to pay taxes and the lobby congress for special terms.

If your memory hasn't faded, that $600 was a tax refund and not a gift.

hardnox604008
Advisor

Re: Here's something you forget.....

Didn't Shrub do one of those when it became apparent that financial fraud had done all the good for the economy that it was going to do and they needed to pull something else?

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: Here's something you GOPhers don't want to remember

It's time you educate your self, cotman. The President had the majority of 72 days!

http://www.thepragmaticpundit.com/2011/12/obama-did-not-control-congress-for-two.html

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

No,I just assumed that rawhide knew what he was talking about when he said he paid 30+% in SS payments.  Obviously, he was wrong and I failed to check it before I posted.  However no one has responded about the employer share that the self employed get to deduct from their taxes.  Doesn't that sorta equal things out?  Sure you pay intO SS but you get to deduct some of it.  I don't .

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Here's something you forget.....

That's better than the $600 W gave us calling it a tax rebate that turned out to be an advance on our tax refund!

Jim B. in Iowa
Senior Contributor

@schnurrbart wrote:

No,I just assumed that rawhide knew what he was talking about when he said he paid 30+% in SS payments.  Obviously, he was wrong and I failed to check it before I posted.  However no one has responded about the employer share that the self employed get to deduct from their taxes.  Doesn't that sorta equal things out?  Sure you pay intO SS but you get to deduct some of it.  I don't .

Of course you get to deduct it...all of it.  Otherwise they would be declaring that benefit as part of your income. 

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: Hunkered Down for Defeat??!? Not Hardly.

@gough whitlam wrote:

They are all drilled in the practice of defeat.  Craig has hunkered down for the onslaught and disappeared.  You cannot buy a crash helmet for love or money.  It ain't gunna be pretty when they start letting the blood outa their wrists.

Colin, I have been getting up at 4:30 AM almost every day, to drive a school bus in one school district, moving the cows from one dried up patch of grass to another, and driving a bus route in a different district in the afternoon, then working on getting out the Conservative vote in the evenings.

If the election goes the wrong way, the republic will quickly come to an end.  Then I put my plans into action that has me being the local warlord looking up liberals whom proudly proclaim that they have no weapons in their possession.   The early warlord gets the "goodies". Smiley Wink

Either way the election goes, I have plans in place to make the most advantage of it.

If it ever rains up here, I hope to send that package of things down to you.  It is just dang hard to find any spare time, lately.