Kurt#1
Senior Contributor

Here's the problem

what we got vs what we need

8 Replies
ACX66895171
Senior Contributor

Re: Here's the problem

Reagan looks like a kindly grandfather compared to today's GOP leaders.
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Was thinking over the 40 year stretch of American history that has led us to where we are.

The 12 year, non-stop, wire to wire Deep State crime wave that was the Reagan/Bush years is under appreciated.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Fat Billy did the cleanup work at the end.

Kurt#1
Senior Contributor

is this your world view?

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: is this your world view?

The death of the middle class began then as wealth and income flowed to the top- a continuing process since.

Obesity, diabetes curves also turned up into a permanent slope.

Wellness and life expectancy of rural white Folks headed into continuous decline.

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Speaking of Wellness & rural white folks

At one time the physical condition of middle-aged rural white folk of both sexes was considerably better than urban white folks due to their continual general exercise due to their active lifestyle and constant daily work. 

As more than one North Korean  refugee has commented, "in North Korea, only Kim and high ranking party officials are fat because they're the only ones with access to excess food but in America, it is the rich who are slim because they exercise and take care of their bodies while the poor are overweight or obese."

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that a good deal of the excess Covid mortality among younger  & middle-aged people is due to their excess weight.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that a good deal of the excess Covid mortality among younger  & middle-aged people is due to their excess weight.

I'm exceptionally surprised you need to speculate on that.   It's for all intents and purposes an ailment of the obese.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Sam, smoking is a very close second as far as opening the door for covid death or disability. I know of a healthy 50 year old smoker that nearly bought the farm, and another heavy smoking 62 year old that did die. Both were slightly built men, far from obese.