cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Herman Cain wins Florida straw poll

He won big time, more than Romney and Perry combined  http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20111229-503544.html   I always liked him, I just always thought that he didn`t have a chance.   He has proven that he`s a fighter,  came back from a couple misspeaks. But 37% in Florida, you go Herman Cain!!!   Cain/Bachmann in 2012?  We could do a heck of alot worse...and have.

12 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Your kidding right?

Ha!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Herman Cain wins Florida straw poll

I'm going out on a limb and suggesting that Perry is the candidate.  Not that I have any particular affection for him but I have relatives that worked for Clinton and Bush and they are now working for Perry.  They are part of the in crowd I guess you could say.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Herman Cain wins Florida straw poll

Oh I know Wehav, our Conservative brothers have been blinded in their desire to beat Obama at any cost.  If our Conservative friends have heard everything about Rick Perry and still can support him, Godspeed to them....I however, can`t.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Don't laugh!

Just as Barrack has turned out to be more Bushlike than the change he promised, Herman may turn out to be something we don't expect. For instance when was the last time you heard a D or R with views like:

"If I wouldn't send my own child there, I wouldn't send your child there!" says Cain. "And that's the same way a President Cain will make decisions about our military."

or

"Subsidies on agricultural products, like ethanol-producing corn, have become a mechanism for the government to pick and choose industries it favors, while doing little to enhance our ability to harness real alternative energy resources. Instead, we must allow all forms of energy the ability to develop in a free market system"

or

"The federal government should not be in the business of picking and choosing industries they support financially. This happens in the form of subsidies, and special tax breaks in which the government “plays favorite” with one industry and in turn, hinders the competitiveness of another."

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Don't laugh!

I remember him opposing the Clinton minimum wage increase to $5.15 per hour. He was the Ceo of Godfathers at the time and he argued that the job losses would be horrific if the minimum wage was increased. Some 22 million jobs later I concluded he was wrong and was merely try to depress wages

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

So what you are bolivating about is that if a 16 year old kid could find a job at $4 an hour, and that is all the kid is worth, the job should not exist.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Another tea bagger that wants to determine what labor is worth. Nike has shoes made in VietNam. An $80 retail pair of Nike shoes has a $2 labor cost to assemble them. That is what corporate businesses will do if not challenged.

And you wonder why working folks oppose republicans.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Whoa Mr Kraft!

The Democrats have done more than their fair share in destroying American jobs.  Look a Clinton with his NAFTA, that exported good $20/hr manufacturing jobs that this economy desperately needs today.  Them jobs ain`t comin` back either.  The minimum wage pizza flippin` jobs are exactly what teenagers need for their first job.  Those jobs NEVER were intended to raise a family on, the fact some are deperate enough to feed their family flippin` pizzas shows just how messed up things really are.  End this failed theory of free-trade now, this country can not continue to employ the rest of the world.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Whoa Mr Kraft!

And here I thought you guys were all in favor of exporting corn and beans to the overseas markets??????!!!!