Senior Contributor

Hey Bruce

You're a baseball fan?

Twins? 

3 Replies
Advisor

Re: Hey Bruce

Yes. What regarding?

Been a die hard fan since the Senators moved to Minnesota when I was 11 years old.  58 years ago.

No sooner had we moved here to Minneapolis did we look into jobs with the team and the stadium.  We got hired on as guest services/ushers and work 50 or so games a year.  Fun gig. Great people to work with.

As for the team a small market outfit has to take what joy we can find in it in small doses with considerable infrequency.  ‘87 And ‘91 And a string of Division wins in the early 2000s made lifetime fans out of our daughters.  Get to see some fine players come along in the organization and then have fine careers somewhere else.  Craig Nettles and David Ortiz come immediately to mind.

Why do you ask?  Coming up for a game?  Be sure to let us know as we could be working it.

Senior Contributor

(Twins)

Kirby Puckett and Rod Carew are 2 of my all time favorite players, Harmon Killebrew was one of my dads favorite's (he also played a season with the Royals in the mid 70's). None of them as good as George Brett.

I went to a Twins game at the Metrodome in 2005, I caught a foul ball during batting practice, still have the ball which is the only one I've ever caught at a major league ballpark.

Senior Contributor

Grew up with the big red machine, was a big fan, but pro sports in general I've lost interest in.

Why haven't you become a fan of one of the more successful teams like the Cards or Yankees?