cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Hey Jenny

Any chance of your weather observation skills showing up in marketing once in a while?

BTW how's recovery coming along?

13 Replies
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Re: Hey Jenny

Hi Hobby!  What brings you down here to the sewer?   Got some advice.....be afraid.....be very very afraid.

Actually, I’ve been really fairly impressed with most of the weather forecasting models.   I’m not sure why the forecasting has improved. 

Some years ago, when I was doing it on the Marketing page, like you have seen - some people took exception to what I was doing - so I quit.

I was doing it then, because the forecasting was so incredibly bad.   I was trying to show how bad it was, that myself as an amateur, could do a better job - especially better than the “talking heads” on the weekend shows, that seemed like their agenda was to “move the market”, rather than an actual forecast, that farmers could use.

It’s been almost a month, since my fall.   I’m trying to only use pain meds (Tylenol & Tramadol) at bedtime.  Last night was actually the first night, that I was able to sleep in my bed.  The rest of the month, was mostly spent in my lazy boy.   My dachshund though, has gotten spoiled, and has decided that I should always sleep with him in the chair, and he doesn’t need to sleep in his own bed anymore.

As far as the weather goes, we’ll see.  We are coming out of solar minimus....I am actually quite concerned about the amount of heat build up I’m seeing across the US.   I’ve not kept as much track, on what’s going on across the globe though, or in the oceans, which is a big part of the global warming quotient.

No reason to plant short season hybrids for the next 10 years though - I know that’s a stretch, but that’s what I would be planning, if still farming.

I do think the South, is going to continue to bake.  Watch the Texas panhandle, and the area around that to the North, for dryness.   Some of the worst droughts in the US, were foreshadowed by extreme dryness in that area.   More in a bit....

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

There is major dryness now, just west of the area that I usually watch for Midwest drought prediction.   Keep an eye on that area - if it continues dry into the winter, and moves farther East, it could be a bad omen for Midwest rains next year.   

The dry area down there right now is impressive.... keep aware of what’s going on down there.

That’s about it for right now.   Stay well - stay safe.   It’s a very scary time in America right now.   And hey - thanks for checking in.

Jen

Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Thanks

Think I'll move this upstairs.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

K

aljessen61
Senior Contributor

Ah your stupidity is the result of massive drug usage.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Massive drug use?  My god man, how can you call 2 Tylenol, and one 50 mg Tramadol massive drug use?   Especially considering I have 8 broken ribs and 2 compression fractures of my spine, that has compressed the vertebrae by 50%. 

My doctor has approved Tylenol around the clock, two every 6 hours, and the same with the Tramadol.   Maybe if your hero Rush had been as skimpy with the meds as I have, he wouldn’t have gotten addicted.

You really are an idiot.

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying.......

Jen

aljessen61
Senior Contributor

🙂

Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Come on ..

This isn't a political thread.

Jenny and I don't agree on politics but she has some knowledge that transcends our differences.

I respect her opinions on a number of subjects. Politics is not one of them and nothing about this thread

Should bring it out.

Jen, sorry I brought your accident up.

This is why I call this the cesspool.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Yeah......trust me.....I know.

I know we don’t agree Hobby - and you know what?   That’s fine.   But at least you and I can compromise, and look past our differences, for the betterment of each other.   We have lost that as a nation - and I haven’t s clue, how to get it back.

Jen