cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edmund55
Senior Contributor

Hey Manchin....

Hey Manchin, how's your deal with the devil going?

When you voted for IIT I told you that chuckles would not keep his end of the bargain.....if I knew, why did you not know?

10 Replies

You are exceedingly confounding

This describes, without any partisan twist, what happened.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3663763-manchin-asks-schumer-to-cut-permitting-from-spending-bil...

If you are actually a good old fashioned pro-business anti regulation Republican or have any of those juices flowing through your MAGA Christian Nationalist veins you should be pleased with the result.

Seeing the D Senate Majority Leader cave should have aroused you.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: You are exceedingly confounding

Could it be Manchin was threatened with removal from Energy & Natural Resources committee, if he didn`t give Biden that small win (IRA), that really looks stupid now? 

BADeere_0-1664325521771.jpeg

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(You are exceedingly confounding)

I think you mean exceedingly accurate, old chuckles promised manchin the moon to get his his IIT passed and as I predicted he pulled the rug on manchin's deal.

Hopefully when chuckles approaches manchin about another $700 billion IIT similar pork & waste spending bill and says that he really really really promises to add manchin's requirements, that manchin says fool me once per year shame on you fool me twice per year shame on me.

But I get it that a hypQcrat like you has "it's the republicans fault" on speed dial.

You have read the accounts of the discussions and negotiations and still post with that contention?

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(Contention)

I said it back when IIT was passed and manchin was duped....or at least pretended to be.  There was never a chance in he!! that chuckles was gonna honor his agreement.  It's not like chuckles has ever been an honorable guy.

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Looks like the big losers are the energy companies.

Quote, "Manchin’s proposal would have sought to speed up the timeline for environmental reviews, required the president to select 25 priority projects to be expedited, and given the federal government more authority over electric transmission lines. 

It also was expected to secure the approval of the Mountain Valley Pipeline, which would carry natural gas from Manchin’s home state." 

So the republicans blackballed Manchin's bill to the clear detriment of the Oil & Gas Industry.  I wonder how the petroleum industry feels about it.  It kind of looks like the Republicans cut off their nose to spite their face.  So much for all that petroleum industry lobby money.

And it wasn't Schumer who deep-sixed it, it was McConnell.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Democrats passed the exploding inflation bill with no Republican support and could have done the same for manchin.

Kurt#1
Senior Contributor

Democrats passed the exploding inflation bill with no Republican support and could have done the same for manchin.

What Democrats want they pass, what they don't want they blame Republicans for lack of support.

Thank you.

Sincerely, Ed