cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Hey Schnrrbart

I have a question for you.

A couple of years ago I was at a conference in Chicago. Was visiting with a nice young college woman from a farm family in another state and for no particularly good reason she started telling me about her gun and how her dad insisted she take it with her (conversation was strictly professional, don't think I was creeping her out, lol).

She gave me a peak in her purse which probably caused my eyebrows to rise to approximately the level of my receding hairline.

Not that it is any skin off my nose but is that legal in Illinois?

15 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Hey Schnrrbart

I did a bit of cursory research on the matter and it appears that Illinois doesn't recognize any other state permits.

My point is that I hate to see an apparently nice person get in unnecessary trouble on account of paranoid gun culture.

What really got me thinkning on the subject was my post about Plaxico and the fact that I didn't see anybody picketing on his behalf. Of course he is stupid, but I'm not sure somebody and her Dad are exactly tuned in with reality either.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

There is NO concealed weapon permitted in Illinois period.  They don't have one and don't allow from another state either.  A southern Illinios  Democrat state rep, Rep. Phelps of Eldorado, is trying to get a bill passed to allow concealed carry but Chicago keeps blocking it.  You get caught doing it and you will probably at the least get a big fine and lose your gun.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I think there are alot of good people that secretly carry a gun without permit.  However if they got caught some liberal judge would throw the book at `em, while the habitual gangbanger is slapped on the wrists.  I`ve heard Illinois are some real basterds in recognizing other state`s gun permits. But I suppose people think it`s `better to be judged by 12 rather than carried by 6`.   I had my pocket knife confiscated by a rent-a-cop at the Chelsea Handler concert, never mind the fact I could`ve bought a bottle of Bud Lite in a glass bottle broke it and did way more damage ....big city people are damned stupid.

Highlighted

Like I said  FREE PLAX.

OK, he's out but there's a point in thee somewhere.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Chicago street thugs carry guns.....heck, they may have even got them through the fast and furious program.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

What's wrong with pepper spray?  Why wouldn't the father buy the gal a bottle of pepper spray? 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

You know, for most of the conversations on here, you can totally discount ANY and ALL notes about BAD guys.  They really don't enter into much.  Everyone already knows they do whatever they want most of the time because they are BAD GUYS.  Why bring it up?  We know "when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns"!  No one really believes that but that doesn't make any difference either.  Tell us something constructive for once!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

It sounds to me like a case of " I'll show you mine if you will show me yours"  Right? I thought so.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

My wife carry’s a 38 with +p hollow points every time she rides
her bicycle. It is amazing the scum that comes up here in the summer time from
down there.