cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Hey! What's up with gas besides price??

And crude just shot up in the last 10-12 days??  Haven't those countries had huge demands for some time now?

Frequent Contributor

You don't get it mate ,cos you don't want to.    In Global terms thats a short time.     

Senior Advisor

Oh Exxon Mobile the corp with the highest income of any corp in history paid no income tax in 2009 and received $175 million in tax refunds.

Veteran Advisor

That's one of the biggest faults and failures of the tax code and our political structure that includes the purchasing of politicians.

That's also why they have their corporate HQ here instead of some 3rd world country with the corresponding economy. It's one thing to have no tax liability, but we pay them to boot.

Senior Contributor

That 175 million, is that the tax credit for blending ethanol?

Veteran Advisor

I think I do get it.  Gas and oil prices down but pump going up.  The fact is the world has the ability to produce more oil now than ever before but do you really think they are going to?  It is said that 5 billion more gallons than we use could be produced due to new fields which have opened up but I don't believe that big oil will allow that.  Oil prices are right now about what they were the first of Nov and have been going back down since the first of Dec but higher than they were a couple of weeks ago.

Veteran Contributor

Thanks for doing that research.  I had not read or heard anything of a tax hike but the lady who told me about the new 15 cent tax on gas was adament that was the reason for gas prices being higher. 

Christ you are dumb. Fancy you conveniently forgetting it was Bush, Cheney and Rice who had disgustingly high investments in the oil industry and still do.  You need to repeat a couple of grades at school. dipstick. 

Senior Contributor

Gouch, would it be better for the oil compnanies to fail and then receive a federal bailout? Why is GM making money good but BP making money bad?