cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Hey craig

What's going on in Ioway?  Seems like we have some potential fraud going on with the caucus.  Now they can't figure out exactly who really won.  Seems santorum is 34 votes ahead of romney but 8 precincts have managed to "lose" the votes.  Did you go to sleep before the final results?  Thought you had everything under control!

4 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Hey craig

Okay, I don`t understand this at all, here`s what happened at my caucus, hand to God.  We signed up a bunch of new voters, I thought Paul would have a big night, but he came in ..I`m thinking 4th, I was one of 9 that voted for him.  I know the guy and gal that counted votes, they invited anyone who wanted to watch to come up and watch.  Santorum won, right after voting we all new beyond a shadow of doubt the results.  We didn`t have to write out the candidate`s name, you just made one check mark by your choice.  After the vote we used the backs of those same pieces of paper to vote on party platform issues ie "Marriage=1 Man+1 Woman" (which was unanimous vote by the way), ect.   Now the results weere covered by a local newspaper, there was no funny business it was all up front.  This bull sh!t of someone driving around with the results in the trunk of their car or "going to bed" without calling in the results...there is absolutely NO EXCUSE!!  A pro-Ron Paul site that I frequent has swore up and down that there was "fraud" in the Iowa caucus because Paul didn`t win.  Well my county is fairly representitive of Iowa and Ron Paul no where came close to winning.  Why the other 98 counties in Iowa couldn`t get their acts together and have the EXACT count is beyond me.  And yes I am kind of pissed about it, perhaps Iowa should lose their first in the nation status over this.  

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Iowa is just like florida but they couldn't get it right without the hanging chads. Intellect level must have dropped after I left the state. I forgot it was only repubs involved in this.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Over here you just can't wander in to witness the vote counting.  You have to be nominated by the candidate who you are watching for and at no times must you comment on anything other than to object to how a vote falls in respect to it being illegible.  If a scrutineer so much as touches a vote counter or ballot paper, he is ordered from the room, never to return, and the vote counting starts all over again.  Without that type of security, anything could have happened in Iowa with Craig in control.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

What's going on in Ioway?  Seems like we have some potential fraud going on with the caucus.  Now they can't figure out exactly who really won.  Seems santorum is 34 votes ahead of romney but 8 precincts have managed to "lose" the votes.  Did you go to sleep before the final results?  Thought you had everything under control!

Our county was perfect in its accounting and one of the first to turn in the results.  I personally counted all the ballots in Lincoln Township, Warren County, as I was the official secretary of our precinct.

Every precinct had the final results written down and someone from the Ron Paul group took a picture of it and posted it to a website.  All the Iowa GOP has to do, is to look at the pictures from any missing precincts.

Next time, we should use a voting machine of some sort.  At least we let everyone have a vote in the matter.   The demoçrats have to have 15% of support for any one candidate to be considered "viable".  If the support is not large enough, the supporters must support their second choice.... a lot like a parliament system.

It turned out that Santorum won after all and that Romney is not the "inevitable" nominee that he thinks that he is.   I hope that Gingrich works something out with Santorum so that they can put the Conservative vote together and make some headway.