cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Hey ishmael

Your kids are getting jail time. Now you wanna start showing them the rules?

16 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Hey ishmael

Other than talking about the weather and me posting pictures of my fences and cattle, what is there left to talk about?

Senior Contributor

"BE ORIGINAL
Information that you place on our service must be your own original content."

Ecclesiastes 1:9, “The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.”

Honored Advisor

JMO but like they took away the "kudos" option on the forum, because someone abused it GTO  Ishmael should take away the ability to cut & paste  and even post links, then eveyone would be equal, based on their own "original content".   Lord knows I cut & paste and put up links, but if there`s a question of copy rights and plagiarism in this day and age, the Mererdith Corp gotta do what they gotta do and do away with that ability.  

That would force Libs  to express issues in their own words, not just a sensational post title and only a link to Josh Marshal.   Libs have gotten so lazy they could carry on a entire discussion just posting links back and forth in replies.  That`s not good, using thoughts of others to make your points, at least be able to put what you read in your own words or go fishin`.

Veteran Advisor

That certainly isn’t your original thought!!!

Honored Advisor

In a media economy that never prints an original thought ........................

From a media source that relies on reuters & other sources of "borrowed" content...  

What is the budget for original content beyond old Soy Roy quotes.........

That "rules" entry is rich.......... with condecending media ego.....

Advisor

BA, you have read enough posts from the loops trying to express an opinion to know how challenged they are in that endeavor. 

Senior Contributor

Congratulations, rsbs

You couldn't make it past the first day without violating the rules, Ishmael laid out  in the last paragraph! Explain to us why your post shouldn't be deleted and you given an extended time out?? You people have been allowed in my opinion, to say anything you want with out repercussions, it[s time you are held to the same standards as the rest!

Senior Contributor

The rules seem to be applied randomly, if this rule is applied I would think most posts would be deletes:

"If nonoriginal content is included in your posting, you must obtain permission from the content owner and provide due credit.""

a link posted without permission would qualify.  

But whatever, like they said plenty of other places in the world.

Check out the alexa rank for agriculture.com, no one comes here anyhow.

Senior Contributor

Re: Congratulations, rsbs

so do I need permission from Ishmael and Meredith to post this?

taken from last paragraph of oshmael post....just post ing so gt0 can re=read it for his critic exanimation..

"

"When expressing yourself take care to avoid language or graphics that is offensive, abusive, hateful and harassing. Avoid expression that may be construed as racist, intolerant, personally attacking, derogatory and demeaning. This applies equally to third parties and concepts as well as to fellow forum members. It is quite easy to express disagreement with a person, organization or idea and remain within the letter and spirit of the Discussion Group Policy."

no don't hit delete, express yourself without being offensive...HAHAHA