8 Replies
NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Re: Hi I`m Merle.

And ??

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Merle is a little shy and wanted to say Hi, he loves everybody and plays catch long enough to wear anyone out.  He`s the quickest Dog I`ve ever seen, not a real big fan of being held, we think he`s afraid of getting eaten  🙂   He tries to chase cats, but if they don`t run, he "Yarks" and runs away.

His older brother another Chihuahua is afraid of nothing, a 1600 cow or a 1 ton bull or 600 sow, nothing scares him.  I make the "quacking" sound of a 3 week old pig and he goes nuts barking ready to chase pigs back in their lot.  Both Dogs understand everything we say, if I say "pickup" he goes nuts and wants a ride, if I say "boom boom tractor" he doesn`t like to ride in a noisey tractor so he lays down, if I say "sorry" he knows it`s too hot and i`ll be in town and can`t go so he lies down.  They know the term "Dairy Queen" because when I go through the drive through they get "Pup cups" of vanilla ice cream  Smiley Tongue

But Merle just says Hi.  

r3020
Senior Advisor

Kind of a cute little fella. Got a little dog about that size that just loves to run. If you don't chase him he just runs circles around you. Never seen anything that enjoys life so much

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

What's he do when you tell him trump is a loser ??

We always had German Shepherds. My Dad still talks about mine that I had for 14 years. She helped keep hogs away  when working on waterers, and also knew what pen they belonged in if they got out. But, if my car left town, she knew to go to the end of our mile long lane to wait for me. He often gets misty now when he talks about her Smiley Sad

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

3020, those little Dogs are so precious, they are just all heart.   I get stuck waiting out in the parking lot by a Petsmart and I see all types of people being walked into the store by their Dogs 🙂 and think, despite all our differences in this country, Americans love their Dogs and other pets.  They spend billions of $ on their Dogs, you just have to love people that love their pets, perhaps that is the one common thing that many of us have.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I had to explain to the Chihuahuas that Trump is a good guy and will NOT deport them, the Dogs know whoever gets in they`ll have it good as long as we`re together out here on Penury Hill.  🙂

My Son had a Jack Russell who`s leg went dead and the vet had to remove it, then the other leg went dead and I was at the vet, Christmas Eve and had to make the tough decission to put the hound down.  I talked to the whole family and they agreed, but at the vet`s I was crying, the staff was crying and even the vet cried, saddest thing, this poor Dog being put down on Christmas Eve.   I got home and my Wife was drying clothes and the one Chihuahua had climbed in there without her knowing and for about 10 minutes he was clunking around in there, she wondered what I had in a pocket while she was talking on the phone.  Well the poor little guy was hot panting and bloodshot eyes but was okay.  We laugh about it now, but we all check the dryer before closing the door.   That was not one of our better Christmas`s, but it could`ve been much worse.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

" climbed in there without her knowing and for about 10 minutes he was clunking around in there "

SAD!!

OKdon
Senior Contributor

My word BA,  you have such dainty hands!