cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

High water mark of the Tea Party

No matter whether it is fair or not, the Giffords shooting likely marks the high water mark of the Tea Party, just as the OKC bombings were at the peak of the Gingrich Republican revolution.

Not that the true believers will see any reason to change their opinions at all but the fringes will be peeled away.

At this point I don't see any reason to question the official accounts. On the surface there isn't a lot of complexity to the thing so I'm guessing there won't be.

fwiw, h

35 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: High water mark of the Tea Party

Hey Nox, that might be wishfull thinking. Clinton had the benefit of presiding over a booming economy and mainstream media had a better lock on steering public opinion.  Today the Constitution has become sexy, it`s been many moons since the American public has known so much about that founding document. In other words, it`s getting harder to fool all the people all the time. I just don`t think that Loughner can be painted as a Conservative.  See, you guys could have really made hay if he had a NRA membership, Republican donor, copy of Rush`s book "The way Things Ought to be" and a I Love Glen Beck poster in his bedroom.  Sorry, maybe next time. 

Senior Contributor

See, you guys could have really made hay if he had a NRA membership, Republican donor, copy of Rush`s book "The way Things Ought to be" and a I Love Glen Beck poster in his bedroom.  Sorry, maybe next time

BA, I guarntee you, I have watched more of this, story than you have, and your blowin' smoke my friend. That is a lie! Nothing has been reported about what they found in his room, only what has been on YouTube and Myspace. So take that back! OR PROVE IT THROUGH CREDITABLE NEWS SOURCES, AND I DON'T MEAN FAUX, EITHER!

Senior Contributor

On GMA and This Week with Christiane Amanpour they all said a number of times that Loughner had no ties to the Tea Party or Conservative groups. I just don`t know how you guys can keep from feeling icky by politicizing this tragedy. I knew this would happen, but I`m disappointed none the less. Loughner was 'troubled' his entire life and got into dope, he wasn`t conservative or liberal, just his own brand of nuts. Of course those of us on the Right will fight back when this tragedy is used for gun control or reason to grant amnesty or keep Obamacare intact. Why can`t politics be left behind on this issue....just once? We can all agree that he was nuts and this was a tragedy, correct?

Senior Contributor

I find it quite amusing the same media that urged us not to "rush to judgement" after the Ft. Hood massacre started to blame the tea party for Mrs. Giffords's shooting before the gun barrel was cool.

Senior Contributor

Ok, people, pay attention. You might learn something important. Let's see how much guys can comprehend!?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40980334/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Senior Contributor

GTO, in your link Loughner just said "I can`t trust this current government". What does that mean? It can mean a lot of things.  He DID NOT say he admired Sarah Palin.  He DID NOT say Obama was a communist, something for him may have been a positive considering his reading material. He DID NOT say he wanted to kill only Democrats so the Tea Party could get in power. All he say was he "didn`t trust the current government".  Had Loughner even driven his 5 year sister to a kindergarten "tea party" you could bet the clowns at Msnbc would have some how concected him to the real Tea Party, given the fact their biggest "objective" stars are prone to use the term "tea bagger".  What`s the matter GTO, isn`t GMA and Christiane Amanpour sufficiently liberal for your news source? Do you really in your heart of hearts think the Tea Party or republicans are cheering Loughner on? a great Representative from Iowa, Steve King is a good friend of Gabrielle Giffords. I thought her shooter may had been a radical liberal that was upset with her because she was a "Blue dog Democrat" wanting to get tough on immigration along with Steve King, who has also received threats, by the way.

Senior Contributor

Re: dumb as obamo is a leader

your post is a dumb as obamo is a leader or he is not corrupt

Senior Contributor

You and your buds on here want to cover your ears, and go NAHNAHNAH! That's your privilege. I am willing to wait to see where the investigation leads. I am no investigator, but I do know what certain words and phrases indicate. We haven't heard all the evidence, we don't know what was found in his house or computer, but I have my suspicions. So you have it your way. I will say this, who is the current government? Democrat or Republican? Which party is Gabrelle Giffords affiliated with?

Senior Contributor

GTO, Loughtner thought that the government was doing `mind control` through improper use of grammar. In none of his incoherent writings did he mention any politician by name. His grade school teachers said he would interupt class with nonsense. Tucson Sheriff said he had numerous run ins with the law.......Better luck next time, I don`t know but.....ya think  maybe....being NUTS outweighs any political motives this guy has????????????????