cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: There is way more to the economy than the federal government's budget

Once again you seem to be avoiding the question of what it would do to the economy. I already understand what actions you would like done to increase revenues and to curb the spending in various programs.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I don't know what the economy would do and neither do you. You folks have sold that garbage that lower taxeds will improve the economy and mjob creation. We have had those lower taxes and low capital gains rates for nigh unto 10 years and we have the economy we have.

Trying to stimulate the economy by tax cuts is bull crap and always was!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

So what you are proposing is a blind folded person throwing a dart to see if it launches us into a tailspin.

How would you stimulate the economy then?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

I don't know what the economy would do and neither do you. You folks have sold that garbage that lower taxeds will improve the economy and mjob creation. We have had those lower taxes and low capital gains rates for nigh unto 10 years and we have the economy we have.

Trying to stimulate the economy by tax cuts is bull crap and always was!

Tax cuts can not help when you also have run away government regulations. Examples, Keystone pipe line. Incandescent light bulb ban. New EPA regulations on coal fire power plants. A government hostile to business will see business move to a more friendly environment.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I would plough multi billions into infrastructure. Roads, bridges, expanded power grids and the like. Things that need to be done anyway. It's time we stopped trying to stimulate the economy with the tax code. Yes I think we should incentivize the job creators after they create a job. Not give huge tax cuts to people that may or may not create a job. A wall street trader is not a job creator. A job creator is an individual or business that actually hires someone new to work.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

So simple and so silly!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@kraft-t wrote:

I would plough multi billions into infrastructure. Roads, bridges, expanded power grids and the like. Things that need to be done anyway. 

I can agree with that. It is something I believe falls in line with the duties of the federal government. I would just hope we could get the corruption out of it. it seems whenever major flows of money for major infrastructure changes the corruption is also major

@kraft-t wrote:

It's time we stopped trying to stimulate the economy with the tax code. Yes I think we should incentivize the job creators after they create a job.

Those two sentences are contradictory

@kraft-t wrote:

Not give huge tax cuts to people that may or may not create a job. 

Not really sure what you mean by that. I guess I would need an example of someone getting huge tax cuts and not creating anything

@kraft-t wrote:

A job creator is an individual or business that actually hires someone new to work.

Or provides opportunities for other job creators. For instance if I decided to buy a new tractor I will have created a demand which would be filled by a manufacturer

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Giving lower tax rates tp people that don't produce jobs is not fulfilli9ng the promise of so called job creators. Incentivizing people that actually do create jobs may be aplus.

Almost a;; capital gains income is not an indication of job creation. If I buy a thousands shares from you, theri is no job creation. The company whose stock we are trading may well be down sizing or shipping jobs over seas. What benefit is that to the economy that it warrants a 15% CG rate?

Buying a tractor does not create any more jobs than Joe Blow buying anew car or a house or a boat or a mobile home. Thus the tractor purchase creating jobs is a horse pucky argument to justify preferential tax treatment for business that ordinary working folks do not have.

Highlighted

Yeah. All Romney's 0% CG rate would do is bring in a flood of hot money and maybe bid up financial assets.

Comapnies have cash and they have access to credit at historically low rates.

What they don't have is demand or confidence in future demand.

And when they have been making good money off the collpase in labor and interest costs, why should they invest in new capacity?