cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: your hedging again

Hey Schurrbart, it must be a regional term, local papers have reminders of "first half of property taxes are due" and such, what is meant is "land,house,building taxes".  The county Auditor said a while back our county had taxes on farm machinery and other property which would be assesed every few years, not fun for a BTO  :  ).    I do know the last half of land taxes are a bearcat to pay, they`re due in Sept. and our checking account is running on fumes at that time.  If we got beans combined, I get `em paid, sometimes they`er a month late and I get dinged 1 1/2% interest...ouch baby!   When I paid the next years first half land tax in December, which is 3 months early they don`t want to pay me for 3 months use of my money.   That`s the government, they only want money coming their way.  

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I'm thinking that we justas well pay the following march payment in september when when we make the fall payment. The bank don't give you anything for the use of themoney anyway.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You folks ever have that lone wise-acre pay their property taxes in pennies?? There's always one around here with the property tax protests and appeals and then he switched to quarters and then dollar bills. The county employees raised such a stink about it that there's all kinds of stipulations about how and when you can pay with money other than a check.