cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: in your dreams

how do dumocrats add fed at 28%=state avg 6% = ssi15.2% and not get 49%---get your head out of the sand and smell the taxes now how many farmers do you know who make the lower amount or teachers -or cops or gov workers -----get real  if they do they arent doing something right--i farm and i assure you i am in the 28 bracket so MY taxes for the year of 2010 were over 50% as are almost ALL WORKING americans ----my property taxes alone were over 3%--so what are you not doing to earn money ????

Senior Contributor

Re: all most forgot

where in the table were--state-ssi-property -sales-city -gas -taxes listed etc --the average utility bill is taxed 6 times --a car tire is taxed 5 times --dumocrats need to come up for air ????

Honored Advisor

Re: your hedging again

Exactly Ollie, this liberal was trying to win an argument by claiming you said "50% federal income tax" same bull sh!t  they pulled with Michele Bachmann.  State income taxes are a big one in some cases..like Iowa.  Property taxes are killers.  Oh I know liberals will say "What does Obama have to do with property taxes?????????????"  Well Mr Liberal they cost shift federal programs down to the local level and the property owner is the last one without a chair when the music stops.  Watch out for them liberals, Ollie they hit below the belt.

Veteran Advisor

If you want to include all manners of TAX, why not put the blame exactly where it belongs?  Don't put everything on Obama because no matter how you spin it, he isn't responsible for the repub AZ Gov. raising personal income tax AND state sales tax here.

Veteran Advisor

Re: all most forgot

So my wife and I make over $100K last year and when all was said and done, we paid at least $50K in taxes????  Care to put up some proof of that without stating just your opinion and random thoughts?  I know that isn't correct but I would like to see your proof.  You have access to all the states, county and city sales tax figures so if you want to gain some credibility, you will do some math and show me that I only had a little less than $50K of my own.

Veteran Advisor

Re: lest you forgot

He isn't going to do that--even if he was right!  He is including sales tax, gas tax both state and federal state income tax, fed income tax, used tire tax, phone tax, utility tax estate tax etc, etc. 

Senior Contributor

BA and Ollie....you guys don't follow a thread very well. HAD YOU BEEN PAYING ATTENTION....you would have noted that the post you responded to said it was a follow up and the first post said (in part..there's more):

"First, I think that when some people talk about taxes, they are talking about any kind of tax. However there is also much talk in the thread about the "government," various presidents and taxes. Let's be fair on what we are talking about. Sure, there are payroll taxes too, business tax, corporate tax, but I think we seem to be discussing here income tax. It is pointless to drag state and local taxes into the frey here because those are not under Federal control and it won't do a darn bit of good to compare what the Feds do to what state and local does.

As far as income tax goes, it is thus:"

The truth is the truth. I told it and did not exaggerate. If you want to do something more than gripe and moan about taxes, you will need to address what it is you want to change. It will do you no good to gripe about "taxes" and then not address the ones you feel are unfair or too high. You could elect a 100% conservative or even Tea Party Senate, House and President and they could do nothing about your property tax, state tax, county tax, non-federal sales tax and a whole host of others. You will have to address the specific "government" than is levying that tax.

Honored Advisor

Hey Knapper, I saw what I saw,  you put words in Ollie`s mouth, that he said "50% federal income tax" and did the usual liberal dribble of "See! See! here`s proof! the top rate is 50% You Lying Liar who Lies!! Lie, Lie Lie Lie Lie!!!" .  Well Knapper, I`ll be kind and say that you were being disingenuous...but whatever floats your boat.  If we really want to stop the ad hominem attacks, unfunded mandates that shift federal costs to the state who then shift all they can to the local level, this is a very topical issue.

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/05/01/politics/state-local-officials-concerned-with-unfunded-federal...

Senior Advisor

Property taxes are avoidable. Don't buy real estate. In addition most real estate taxes are deductable from federal and state taxes. I don't quite understand you. You don't want government cost shifting to locals but at the same time you want the education department out of business. Do you favor medicaid contributions from the federal government or would you rather your state paid the whole bill?

Senior Contributor

if you add 28 fed 15 ssi and 6 state what do you get 49 plus all the hidden taxes-why cant dumocrats see that