cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Hillary better?

Brought up below. Deserves own thread. What would be different? Maybe a health insurance bill that would have actually been better, but I doubt it. Does anybody think that she could have brought right winged Republicans over to her side on progressive issues? She's inherently and historically more liberal on hot button social issues than Obama ever has been and would have drug the biggest piece of baggage into the White House with her that anybody ever has. Two things are driving the discussions and the general discontent in this country. The financial crisis that was inherited and the radicalism of the activist standing political opposition. The level of obstruction would have been the same. Maybe worse if the health reform would have been "more". What would have turned oit better?
15 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Hillary better?

Hillary would have been more dangerous to my side that Obama.  Obama was/is a pig in the poke, Hillary`s dirty panties have been aired in public before.  "Hillarycare" would have been mre....well actually inclusive of Republican input, therefore you guys would have at least one Repub ..Snowe...Collins..anyone to show there was a apperance of bi-partism.  If you recall Obama in `09 was lazy and accomplished nothing, Ithought that he might be a good President.  Hil being a political animal would have immediately started with baby steps..quickly retenching if need be. Bill`s whole presidency was "It`s the economy stupid!" and `09(Obama`s wasted year) would have been utilized by Hillary to get ahead of this economic mess.   Obama`s slogan was "Hope" ...well I "hope"  this winter isn`t too cold and I don`t get too much snow to blow, but the calendar says "December" ...hope is cheap. You guys put your faith in a junior Senator that no one really knew, from day one it`s been damage control mode ie, was he born here, Bill Ayers, Saul Alinsky, Jeremiah Wright, excessive vacations, non-bipartism ect ect ect.  If you guys put Hil in at about August, she will spark a fire like Rick Perry in his first week as a candidate, right at a time when the Dem nominee would want to be 60% in the polls. If unemployment is north of 9, the Birkenstocks in your party will beg for Hil.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sudw4ghVe8

Highlighted

I think that Lord Valdemort of Waterboarding (prince of darkness and personal emissary of the antichrist) tipped that one on his recent book tour when he hinted that Hillary would be preferable to O.

Despite all the breathless pro rasslin' commentary about stuff that effects us little people but doesn't matter a lot to the PTB, Hill was an officially approved candidate as were her husband and GWB.

Obama was an inconvenience but has been amenable on the key issues.

Da boyz really weren't counting on the fact that the public actually wasn't stupid enough to keep 2 royal families in power for 28 years but they are still hanging around, keeping the inconvenient one in check and getting their next boy or girl ready to go.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Bruce, what did the repubs keep out of the health care bill with out a single repub vote?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

3020, remember the republicans are going to push grandma over the cliff in a wheel chair... and don't forget that.  lmao... it was the democrat who took 500 billion out of medicare (to help fund obamacare) bankrupting Medicare and then when the republicans tried to fix it they were killing grandma.

This is how it works.  Someone on this board said the republicans just aren't as passionate.  No they just aren't as evil.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Yeah, I guess the repubs sold out to big dog food.

Highlighted

What percentage of the current national debt is due to the Bush medicare drug plan which wasn't funded?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

A lib is a lib, that's why we don't need Mit or Newt.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Don't know... what percent is it?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

here this should help with the figures: