cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Hillary has to win NY

The dem establishment is going all in to stop Sanders in NY because she's going to need a decent delegate lead should the superdelegates begin to bolt. The piece below demonstrates a nearly Cheneyesque degree of disdain for transparency. And a very good reason why loyal dems should stop her there- they could be tying themselves to a zombie candidate. But it'll be tough- it is a closed primary with party affiliation long since closed.

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/05/this_is_how_the_fbi_destroys_hillary_the_10_questions_that_could_end...

More DNC/Clinton fundraising shenanigans. Probably nobody has started a primary season with such a money and party organization advantage since GWB in 2000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwDJmCD6iDA

Speaking of all of the above, I sent a letter to Krugman in regards to his admonishion for Sanders supporters to start acting responsibly and bow to the inevitability of Hillary. I told him I didn't give money to no stinkin' Straight Talk Express (when the GOP put McCain up to pretending there was a race in 2000 when it had long been decided) and I expect Bernie to fight for every last vote, delegate and superdelegate.

9 Replies
hardnox
Advisor

Re: Hillary has to win NY

BTW, I'd suggest a boycott of Bezos' Amazon as his Washington Post has taken the lead in the Slime Bernie campaign.

I buy my books and stuff from local independent retailers anyway so I'm not going to do much good.

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Re: CHELSEA in tulsa today

Entrance charges from $100 to $2750.  My goodness, I wouldn't pay that much to see Hillary nor for Bubba. Now bernie might get a better reception. However, I will give a hundred bucks the day he announces Elizabeth as a running mate. Surely liz would do that as a gift to the country. A bernie/liz ticket would attract tons of voters.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: CHELSEA in tulsa today

Shouldn't seeing Bernie be free?

hardnox
Advisor

The political and press establishments are drawing their knives for this one.

In fairness, Bernie took the WaPo bait hook line and sinker on the "unqualified" thing, although I don't think it really matters to many other than Hillary's legion of postmenopausal feminists and professional democrats. Might, I suppose, hurt the enthusiasm for Bernie a bit at the margins.

BTW, in regards to the mainstream narrative on a GOP convention civil war but a clear path for Clinton. She actually has to get 60% of the remaining elected delegates to get to the majority w/o superdelegates and I'll be willing to bet she doesn't.

So to the delight of the RW crowd here, we might see a bit of fireworks there as well. I say have at it, but I'm pretty certain that if he's clearly beaten Bernie will calm his folks down. Hard telling about Trump or Cruz.

Setting aside the FBI wildcard I think she still beats Cruz or Trump in a general, although without much in the way of coattails. Which will usher in a period of governmental gridlock which will make the Obama years look like the executive dictatorship that the RW hilariously claims.

And thus we continue toward our rendezvous with history. We're due to blow apart and then reset in the early years of the next decade. We can hope that it doesn't include a lot of unnecessary warfare and is confined to economic and social discord. I think it will be the job of the "invisible hand" to make people who had previously had something be happy if they just could get halfway back.

Although in a Great Empire which creates its own reality its hard telling the extent of the diversions that could be attempted.

bruce MN
Advisor

Choosing to keep our Democracy or become 15th Century Spain? 

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

This election is going to be a real bellweather of the rest of our lives.  I don`t think that the country would support a Hillary or Bernie, however I`m not in California or New York seeing firsthand how the people in the states that actually select the next president are feeling.  We may be at that point that a Democrat will win the presidency regardless from now on, that might be the new reality and I`ll hate every presidential November the rest of my life "Har Har Har" .   

The problem might be for the Dems that Hillary doesn`t inspire people to crawl over broken glass to vote for her also Republicans are so angry and even though we are a minority, we WILL crawl over broken glass in a hurricane to vote against Hillary or Bernie or Pocahontas or whoever.

Bill had a "Sista Soulja" moment with the Blacklivesmatter thugs, don`t dismiss that as a "gaf", the Clintons are political animals everything is calculated with them.  Their focus groups maybe telling them to throw BLM under the bus or appear so, to mildly appease the scared white vote. 

Kasich-type is seen in conventional wisdom of easily winning in the general...maybe, but I think this election that it`s possible the the Democrat will "lose" no matter who the GOP is even Trump..It`s all about who will get the voters to turn out.

bruce MN
Advisor

As you point out BA, re: the POS

r3020
Senior Advisor

Guess Bill is no longer considered the first black president.