cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edmund55
Senior Contributor

Hillary says .....

In a recent speech Hillary said that Donald Trumps spending will bankrupt America and "Clinton argues that Trump's policies would explode the deficit and put the federal government's rock-solid credit at risk."

President Obama has exploded the national debt by ten trillion dollars (which is double what all other presidents combined have spent) and under President Obama our credit rating was downgraded for the first time.  

Hasn't Clinton said that she will be the 3rd Obama term?  How does it get worse than that?  

15 Replies
OKdon
Senior Contributor

Re: Hillary says .....

It would be interesting to compare the income of our income for the past 7 years and see if we got that much to complain about. I manage to retire what debt I had and accumulated more cash than ever.

I wonder if I am an unusual example or if you guys are complaining just to be complaining.

Has the Obama years really ****canned your life and made it miserable? 

hardnox
Advisor

Zeroing in on one allegation- the US debt was downgraded because of a GOP publicity stunt over the debt limit.

I really wish I could watch from afar the counterfactual case of balancing the budget in the aftermath of an historic financial crisis.

It would have made Brownbackistan look like a boomtown.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

"In a recent speech Hillary said that Donald Trumps spending will bankrupt America and "Clinton argues that Trump's policies would explode the deficit and put the federal government's rock-solid credit at risk."

Myself, Hardnox & OKDon have no idea what Clinton means, anyone else have any idea?

bruce MN
Advisor

10 T in one shot...

Spend like a drunken sailor and lower taxes, esp. On the high earner and asset end.  A little like W and the 2 big wars and high end tax cuts but much more extreme:  http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/27/trump-budget-tax-plans-debt/

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Its like this Don

you had a farm , free and clear, ok....for a starting point example. You go to the bank, borrow a cool

million against it...put $100,000 in a cash account, and blow the other $900,000 on your favorite

charities....Somaliam refugees and middle eastern wars...oh, and also section 8 housing for your

favorite tribe.

Now you have $100,000 in cash...you evidently feel quite rich, even as you have a new debt of

$900,000 that is going to take you down. 

Now just have that debt be $20 trillion, and the debtors be your tax paying descendents, if you

indeed have any...maybe that republican son pays taxes, eh.

I look at my descendents, and the ever increasing debts they are going to inherit, not from me, 

but  from the Rinos and democrats, and see a little bit of a problem. Probably only one out of a

100 is even going to pay taxes, out of the next generation...so the $20 trillion is probably more 

like a million dollars per taxpayer.

Does this help?

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: Its like this Don

one out a hundred would be more like $10 million per taxpayer, my math

was a little off.

When you get to trillions, its hard to get the decimal right.

bruce MN
Advisor

You've got a record here of that.  Off by more than 1000X, in fact.

But. If they ever get that tax bill sign your get a bunch back.

what a joke.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Won't near as much back as they took from me in health insurance cost.

Packard27
Senior Contributor

Let me suggest that everyone should patiently ignore all of the fashionable leftist campaign rhetoric coming out of the Clinton Campaign right now and then simply vote for Hillary. In your heart of hearts, you know she doesn't really mean any of the nonsense she is telling the kids and indigenous urban people she is chatting with.

So, just as the Obama's love their vacations, let's all remember that the two Clinton's love their money. Most importantly, they never forget who signed the front side of their big donor checks. In a pinch, President Hillary can be counted upon to do "the right thing"...if you get my meaning. Put another way, if you like your status quo, you can keep your status quo with President Clinton.

Oh, and God bless America too.