cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

Hiouse cleaning in order

Time to dump Holder and bring in Spitzer, Firzgerald, Schniederman, Biden's kid......somebody who is on the right side of this.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/20/us-usa-holder-mortgage-idUSTRE80J0PH20120120

Trouble might bethough that there might not be a high powered legal eagle alive in this country who hasn't worked for somebody who would be implicated.  As the saying goes "that's where the money is".

19 Replies
Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: Hiouse cleaning in order

@bruce MN wrote:

Time to dump Holder and bring in Spitzer, Firzgerald, Schniederman, Biden's kid......somebody who is on the right side of this.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/20/us-usa-holder-mortgage-idUSTRE80J0PH20120120

Trouble might bethough that there might not be a high powered legal eagle alive in this country who hasn't worked for somebody who would be implicated.  As the saying goes "that's where the money is".

The big cleanout will happen in 290 days and 10 hours from now.  I guess you could call it "The Shellacking 2.0"  We are already geared up for a major push for the "Get Out The Vote"(GOTV) program this summer.  We want 90% of the votes gathered up before election day even comes.

Madison County in Iowa has 80 volunteers signed up as of today to go door to door to every identified Republican and Conservative leaning Independent in under 3 hours time!  That will free them up to go to other counties in Iowa to do the same, especially in Des Moines.  I am planning on being in Council Bluffs this summer working to get rid of Iowa Senate leader Mike Gronstal as much as I can.  

It is becoming very clear that Obama is the democrats version of what George Bush was for us.  The faster that you can dump him, the faster your side might recover.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

Re: Hiouse cleaning in order

Thanks for the link Bruce.

"The Justice Department hasn't brought any criminal cases against big banks or other companies involved in mortgage servicing, even though copious evidence has surfaced of apparent criminal violations in foreclosure cases."

I understand Obama's wish to stay on good graces with Wall Street banks so they continue to give to his campaign to help him win a second term but I have to wonder if Obama does wins a second term if he will then turn his attention to worrying about his legacy.   I would think knowing 60 Minutes and other main stream media has started to bring the lack of DOJ prosecutions to the attention of the average American would start to cause Obama to have second thoughts about keeping Holder around for a second term.

I'm thinking Spitzer has done his penance by now and would be a great choice to replace Holder.

Samnospam
Advisor

wake up

he is doing his job exactly as his boss would want.
Papa Wheelie
Senior Contributor

You don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

That has been the problem for a long time. Forever maybe?

I don't know I would want Spitzer in charge but he should surely be involved as it was those who caused the downfall who brought him down. He had the thesis and he was about to turn the heat on fraud.

I imagine if we took the commenters on this site, put them in Congress & the White House we would not be a lick the worse for it.

Let me amend the above, it would depend whose finger was on the launch button.

IF dissatisfied voters expressed their displeasure with what their own parties were providing as leadership by voting against all incumbents, would the winner have over 50%?

Papa Wheelie
Senior Contributor

What does the sensei say?

We shall see.

Wisconsin and Ohio show a pushback from the facism of the far right wing of your party. Ron Paul is well accepted with involved youth and Democrats fed up with Bush-lite. They see whom ever gets the nod as the political version of Michelob Ultra, just a watered down version of Obama with different cronies.

What both parties wish is for the voters to stay home.

Vote out all incumbents, send a message.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: What does the sensei say?

@Papa Wheelie wrote:

We shall see.

Wisconsin and Ohio show a pushback from the facism of the far right wing of your party. Ron Paul is well accepted with involved youth and Democrats fed up with Bush-lite. They see whom ever gets the nod as the political version of Michelob Ultra, just a watered down version of Obama with different cronies.

What both parties wish is for the voters to stay home.

Vote out all incumbents, send a message.

That is exactly what I intend to do when the IN primary rolls around. TARP supporter D i c k Lugar will not receive my vote.

Papa Wheelie
Senior Contributor

Re: What does the sensei say?

I tend to do it for quite some time.

bruce MN
Advisor

On this matter particularly??

You might be right about the GOP winning the Whitehouse and even about taking the Senate.  There is a good chance of that.  First to admt it here,   But then if that were the case....and as I said in the header "On this matter particularly" with the new boss and his strengthened band of elected officals that this matter would be taken up by the new USAG and the Justice Department?

It as not been mentioned once in any of the debates for the  nomination. Has not been the topic of one candiates ad or one Super PAC ad.  It's not a priority, or even a concern, for the general "base" or for the various wedded "bases" .

Is it coming up in presentations and declamations from evangelical pulpits?  Is the Heritage Foundation or the Koch/Armey PAC or otehr right side think tanks discussing and exposing it and calling for investment bankers and non bank mortgage companies and their bought and owned regulators to be investigated and prosecuted?  Are crooked appraisers, ratings agencies and most of all processers such as MERS in the GOP crosshairs? 

The basic  GOP schtick remains that the victims commited the crime.  Plain and simple.  Low common denominator intellectual excercise.  Keep throwing it at the wall and keep doing so until none of it sticks any more, with little chance of that happening as long as FOX stays in business.

The best hope of anything getting done is Democcrats deciding that they are Democrats after all.  Not much "hope" of that.  There is easily another 25-40% tocome off of housing based on what is happeing to middle class income and equity..  Let'''s just get it done and over with and then take stock of the situation.

bruce MN
Advisor

Female voice from the other room....

..."What the heck is so funny in there?"

Had just gotten past:

"Let me amend the above, it would depend whose finger was on the launch button."

AWMP

Thanks PW...fantasitc line in a great all-around post.