cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Hired grassroots activist

What I want to know is do they send out W2 forms.

snip-

Calling community activists: If you’re a committed, left-leaning activist who’d like to take part in “grassroots campaigns to protect the health, economy, environment, and livelihood of Ohio communities,” then Ohio Citizen Action has got a job for you.

And it’s one that pays reasonably well, with benefits on top. This could be an especially nice deal for recent college graduates looking to help create a little drama in Cleveland when the Republican National Convention convenes in July.

Just google Craigslist and Ohio Citizen Action, and you get an advertisement that declares: “Change the World and GET PAID … $80/day (Downtown Cleveland).”

You’ll learn the nonprofit group seeks candidates who “possess strong communication skills and a genuine commitment to the environment, progressive politics, and the empowerment of our fellow OH residents.”

snip-

Perks and benefits apparently are available for those willing to stick with it.

“Health insurance, paid vacations and personal days to employees that show longevity and proficiency with the organization,” the group’s ad promises. “Travel opportunities within our nationwide network of nonprofits for environmental and social justice causes.”

What the ad says is revealing, but what it doesn’t say is perhaps more so.

Donors to the nonprofit get tax deductions, skeptics note. Is Ohio Citizen Action really the employer? Is it legitimate for a tax-exempt charity to use donations to protest and engage in political activism?

http://dailysignal.com/2016/04/20/wanted-street-activists-to-change-the-world-and-get-paid/

1 Reply
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Hired grassroots activist

Pretty pathetic, the Left has to pay Astrotruf activists to attack the sensible opposition.  Why doesn`t the Left win the hearts and minds of the people by using their paid Astrotrufers to tell the virtues of their damned corrupt Democrat outfit?...oh right, I just answered my own question.