Veteran Advisor

Re: Holier than thou

BS!!

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Re: Re:you must know where you are headed

@ollie2655 wrote:

abd  i am sure it bothers you doesnt it or why question it wanna debate or run

Just another brilliant reply from the brains of the US. You will need all the help that god can provide because if they relied on the abundance of idiots like you, its down the gurgler for America.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

There is only one "unpardonable sin" and that is to refuse the Holy Spirit to speak through you when you`re before the antichrist, no one has committed that yet   http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Matthew-12-31/  

Most of the laws that were mentioned in your link Schurrbart, is health laws and will just make you sick if you disobey.  Like pork, it`s not good for you, it`ll take a toll on your health just like Twinkies or pop with artifical sweeteners, but you won`t go the hell or anything.    Devout Jews don`t eat cheeseburgers and what`s that`s about is there`s a parable that `meat shouldn`t be cooked in milk` something about it`s a disgrace to use an animal`s meat and then it`s milk to cook it.  Whether a slice of cheese on a hamburger actually fits that critiria or not could be debated. 

What the link is trying to pull is saying "hey Christians, you don`t follow this stuff so how can you be against men putting their dlcks in other men`s butts???"  Well, homosexuality isn`t the unpardonable sin, it is an abomination to God and yucky, but a sin just like jacking off to a copy of Playboy with Pamela Anderson in it.   However a kid doing that in the privacy of his own room isn`t dragging down society.

Many Lutherans will basically say that after Jesus died, the laws were done away with so now they are free to eat their morning bacon.  Well they can, but then wonder why there`s a healthcare crisis (oh I know their 101 yr old uncle ate a pound of bacon every day), but they don`t exercise like their old uncle. 

The thing is, there was only one man to walk the earth that was sinless and that was 2000 years ago.   To say "you eat cheeseburgers therefore you have to chuck the Bible" is what evil people would want you to believe...might as well make murder and stealing legal too then, huh?  With homosexuals, I don`t care what they do, but their sinful ways are unhealthy for society and shouldn`t be encouraged.

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re:good to see surebutt run AGAIN

and what a debate you offered --are all aussies as dumb GOTCHA LOL

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

That is why 'god' is really a thing of ones own mind because they each choose to 'believe' and follow those commands which they think suit their opinions.

The rest of the laws they ignore just as they ignore the penalties prescribed in their bible for those who do not follow the commands.

If they did follow all the punishments I would have a market for all the stones I pick from my fields.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

That is why 'god' is really a thing of ones own mind because they each choose to 'believe' and follow those commands which they think suit their opinions.

The rest of the laws they ignore just as they ignore the penalties prescribed in their bible for those who do not follow the commands.

If they did follow all the punishments I would have a market for all the stones I pick from my fields.

No differnt than modern day climate science.

tomexrepub
Senior Contributor

Just missed the hail storm Ron that hit Tuscola, Ill pretty hard.   4" hail stones, quite a few windshields and cars dented from it.  Haven't had a chance to drive north to look at their corn/bean fields.  Will assume they do not look very good. 

Missed most of the rain so will be hitting the field in a couple of hours.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

How are the gays dragging society or anything else down?  You're just PO'd because you don't like that fact and you don't like people who are different than you.  If it is a sin THEN why don't you let God take care of it?  They are NOT hurting you?  They are not destroying your "traditional" marriage!  Ask yourself what would Jesus do?  You can't cherry pick the rules!  But you guys always do.  Just like the laws and rules you don't like!

r3020
Senior Advisor

@tomexrepub wrote:

Just missed the hail storm Ron that hit Tuscola, Ill pretty hard.   4" hail stones, quite a few windshields and cars dented from it.  Haven't had a chance to drive north to look at their corn/bean fields.  Will assume they do not look very good. 

Missed most of the rain so will be hitting the field in a couple of hours.

6 tenths here. No hail, actual what we needed. Maybe......Saturday.