cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

House votes!

Once again the HOUSE repubs show they are all heart by passing a budget that reduces health care for the needy and removes future Medicare seniors from Medicare and quite possibly will also affect seniors already on Medicare in the future.  And yes, I know that Dems voted for it also.  Doesn't matter who voted for it, it will only hurt the ones who need it the most.  It also gives more tax breaks to the oil companies.  That might not be a bad thing if they weren't showing a HUGE multi-billion profit each quarter!

67 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: House votes!

Obama's bill didn't get a single vote. Voted down 414 to 0.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

That's correct.  However, that doesn't explain why repubs want to do everything on the backs of old folks and poor folks.

r3020
Senior Advisor

They don't.

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: explain-this one

i know dimrats talk about it but never explain how it would hurt anyone ---maybe you know

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

They don't???  in the words of that esteemed scholar oily, ESPLANE why does ryan's bill take away from seniors and the poor and GIVE to the oil companies and other rich folks??  

r3020
Senior Advisor

It is the progressives along with the federal reserve robbing you blind.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Bart, do rich guys like you that are raking in close to $100,000 per year need subsidized health care while the poor in America don't get enough? You said that you are in the 25% federal tax bracket so you must be making over $92,000 per year. You never acknowledged that you were lying when you said that.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You are totally brain-washed--assuming of course, that you still have a brain.  Does the bill (Ryan's) not decrease Medicaid for the poor and make future seniors choose to take a weakened Medicare or pay high premiums for other insurance AND give more tax breaks to the oil compnaies???  A yes or no answer will work as long as you explain a no answer.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You need to check with the IRS before you blow off your pie hole.  2010- 25% started at 68001, 2011 it started at 83600 and this year it starts at 70700.  Because my wife is still working for a few more months, we have been in the 25% on tax payable in 2011, and taxes payable next month , we probably won't be because I didn't have much "other" income this year.