cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: How Did Early Primordial Cells Evolve?

Nebrfarmr wrote:

I think I already gave my opinion on the '7 days' thing.  
Who knows how long God's 'day' is?

Take for example, someone from another planet, or even the 'man in the moon'.   How long would his 'day' be?

What makes people think, that we are the yardstick for the entire universe?

Also, I listed the order of life, as it appeared in the Bible, and asked who had any scientific proof that it was wrong (first came plants, then creatures of the sea, then animals on land & in the air, followed by humans.

As far as I know, that is what evolutionists tell us, how things happened.  So, how did people, thousands of years ago, with no knowledge of science as we know it, who were writing a book of 'fairly tales', manage to get it right?

I would like proof, not only of how animal life began, but plant life, as well.   I went to school, where they went into great detail about how plnats live, how they reproduce, how they can be grafted, and even have their genes modified and spliced, but have yet to hear how the first plants became 'alive', let alone any animals.

I think you will find the first life was bacteria and other single celled creatures AND they lived in the water/oceans, ponds etc.
The atmosphere was too toxic and the sun too strong with UV until those first life forms produced oxygen which then reacted to produce Ozone to stop UV.
Then life was able to move on to the land.
But of course man did not even know those single celled 'animals' existed until the last couple hundred years.
So I suggest people a few thousand years ago were not so smart, as they did not get it right.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

If you`ll carefully read the book of Genesis, it says that "man" was created on the "6th day"  then God rested on the 7th "day" and after that Adam/Eve were created.  Many Christians believe that Adam was the first person that was created, and the whole shebang was created 6,000 yrs ago.  And they are wrong about that, I know you athiests have a field day with those that believe the earth is 6,000 yrs old, but you are only arguing with people that don`t understand the Bible......given that, maybe you athiests would possibly have a crack at themSmiley Happy

One thing about the bible is there can always be 33 interpretations of anything in it.

That is the first time I have heard of Adam not being the first man or indeed human.

Does the story not go that after god 'created' Adam he then took a rib from him to make Eve so he could have company?

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Personally, I wasn't alive back then, so I don't remember.

However, my Bible says something like 'plant life'.
That very well could have been seaweed.

So, what did plants 'evolve' from?

What did the first creatures that crawled out of the ocean eat?

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

So, you have no idea, except that it wasn't God?

That's keeping your mind open to all possibilities.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

I never argued against the Big Bang theory.

The Bible doesn't go into details, so whether it included a big bang, or not, we do not know.

However, before man came to life, he 'clapped his hands together' to make him alive, which certainly could have made a big 'bang'/

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Hey Canuck, no I`ve told you many times that "Adam was not the first man on earth". Yes, Adam was alone in the garden of Eden, the "6th day humans" lived outside of Eden, Eve was created from Adam`s rib.  Now, Cain who was a product of satan and Eve, killed Abel and fled to the `land of Nod and TOOK A WIFE`.  The decendents of Cain are "Kenites" the Bible warns us of them, saying "beware of those that SAY they are Jews, but are NOT, they are from their father the devil and the deeds of him they will do..." . 

Go to Chapt 5 of Genesis, it takes Adam`s lineage through to Noah and later in the Bible from Noah to Jesus.  The purpose of "Adam" was a pure line to Jesus.  In Genesis chapt 6, it tells of a localized flood because Adama`s lineage became impure, the only family that remained pure was Noah`s. This is why the flood destroyed that area.  The Chinese weren`t affected, the Africans weren`t affected, ect.  "Goliath" the Philistine giant`s forebearers, are thought to have been an escapee of that flood, David took care of him in short orderSmiley Happy

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: you forgot to answer

my question ---too deep ????--about the gnat and the elephant

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

The Bible does not go into details because the authors simply did not know the details. Exactly the same as us not knowing the details. This kind of raises havoc with the notion that the bible is the inspired work of God because your God would know everything.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Maybe it just means, he didn't tell the authors of the Bible everything.  Genesis is just a background, spelling out our origins, and not a detailed step by step journal of how it was carried out.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

From the point of alerting you to the truth, do you think I need anything else?