cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: How Did this president look so good to the American people?

I agree with your reservations on Obama, but I would disagree on McCain now....he has really shown , in his actions, that he was not qualified to be POTUS. Not least of all was his nomination of Sarah Palin to be the VPOTUS.  If McCain had nominated Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney or TIm Pawlenty, I have little doubt that he would have won the race and became president, and I would reluctantaly agree that he would be better than what we have, but still we would not have much. Either the republican party has to come up with better nominees, or we need a third alternative.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@schnurrbart wrote:

I'm curious as to what you and others really think that we (Obama) should be doing about Libya???

Uh, No fly zone, bomb his planes or runways, use our true superpower status to scare the Hell out of him. He has backed down before. The man is an old drug addict, not a crazy nut like Saddam. Or at least pay some attention. The massacre to come will be awful. This man did admit to downing a US air liner. We could have done a great deal. Hell, even France wanted to help them.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

And your just lily white.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

When do we draw the line on rushing to put our young men and women in harm's way for people who don't want us around and many don't even want us to breathe?  We are already spending almosteverything we have over there and we have people right here who are losing everything they have.  Arizona is getting ready to take away health care from over 100000 Arizona residents.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

At least he is trying to determine what living people are thinking.  All you guys have this knack of telling us what people who died 175 years ago were thinking 200 years ago!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I remind you that it was serious times before he was elected and you mostly ignore that at the time. It's only since his election that you became fiscally responsible. Cut cut cut is not a sound strategy especially when your most infamous cuts are taxes.

If I had a debt problem and I have, I would never cut my income first think I would be better able to service my debt obligaytions. That is the dream world you folks have been living in since 1980. Your way doesn't work. How many decades and how many trillions will it take for you to recognize that?

WE have huge deficit right now and alot of people need help. Revenues are way down and you don't need a tax cut or a tax exemption. If our government is indeed in crisis let us address it but don't let the plutocrats of the hook. Working people and unemployed people shouldn't sacrifise the wages and benefits and unemployments so that you and I have alower tax bill.. Poor we! We have been the beneficiaries of our robust farm economy and we want to cut the pay of school  teachers. It isn't as though they are paid like the captains of induxtry..

Your just dealing out horse crap. Obams has done nothing to injure this country.. Only an idiot wants to further engage in the middle east. We haven't won anything and neither have we or the russians won anything in the middle east. It's a stink hole with nothing to offer but oil. And you want to sacrifice american kids and treasure so that some damned oil company make a $100 billion and then expects to be subsidized instead of paying taxes.

You and your party have been responsible for this crap because you think what is good for business is good for the american people. It ain't trickling down bub and it ain't going to ever.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You go ahead, call them what ever trips your trigger, son, but unless your living in a dream world of your own, which I suspect you are. Look what's going on in Wis, MI. and Ohio, Those people have been shaken, by rich bi*ch GOP Governors, who's sole purpose is to apise their Corporate master's.

They had mistaken the '10 election as the stepping stone to annihilation of the Unions. They were wrong, Everyone of these Gov. never told the people what they intended to do, or they would never have been elected, now they are/will pay a price, but what do they care? They did what they were told and have been well compensated for it.

The attack on the Unions has been a number one priority of the Republicans, and was confirmed by Scott Fitzgerald on Fantasy News. The people of America needs to know, the people who pay dues to the Unions, control the Unions. NO ONE controls the Corporations, and thanks to the Citizens United ruling by an extremist Supreme Court, the Corporations now have a means to take control of our government, through the Republican party. The CEO's are paid 344% more than the hourly workers, who's going to look out for them? Do you think the Corporations are going to give one hoot-n-hell about them, with out a Union? Not a chance, they intend to flatten the workers wages, to fatten their own bank accounts.

The Republicans have run themselves out on a limb, and the Democrats are going to cut it off, watch!