cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

How Greene might have won.

snip-

A third explanation now seems the most likely: Greene got lucky. His name appeared first on the ballot, may have had a more dulcet-sounding tone to it, and there is little evidence that anyone knew much about either candidate before the election. In one poll a few weeks before the election, only 4% of state Democrats had a favorable opinion of Rawl, in part because so few knew who he was."I talked to a lot of people, and a lot of people voted for him," Democratic state Rep. Todd Rutherford told MSNBC. "They can't tell me why. They just said that hey, they saw the name and they pushed the button.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/08599199706100

20 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: How Greene might have won.

Well that just proves the intelligence level of Democrats.  It's as low as I suspected.  Or is having the first name on the ballot a qualification worthy of consideration?  Maybe I missed something in civics.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

And you just proved the intelligence of a cotman--whatever that might be!  What a complete fool you are.  Did you also hear that for many people using the voting machines that not only was Greene the FIRST name, it was the ONLY name.  If you knew anything about balloting, you would know that being first on the ballot does mean something, especially where there is little name recognition among the candidates.  But someone with your pea brain intellect wouldn't understand that anyway!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

For a democracy to work correctly, the voters should do a little research instead of just walking into the booth and pushing the name of the first person on the ballot.  If you don't agree with that, then you have no business calling me a pea brain or a fool.  Is that how you vote?   The democratic party in South Carolina said yesterday there was not enough evidence with faulty voting machines to thow out the result.  I feel confident that if they had found one voting machine irregularity that they would have thrown Mr. Greene back to where he belongs....into the unemployment line.  Remember post man, just because you read something on the internet, like there was only one name on the ballot, it doesn't make it true.  I even made it through this post without calling you names, you f***ing fool.  Oops.     

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Something I`ve been guilty of is not knowing anything about judges that are on the ballot, I usally vote in favor of retaining them without a clue of their agenda. That will stop this November, I`m getting a list of Judges that are up for reelection and do a google search. With this "writing laws from the bench" liberal crap we`ve indured the past couple years, we need to clean house. Especially in Iowa. 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Why do you assume that I "read" anything on the internet.  In fact, I saw it on CNN and I also saw that they have NEVER overturned a statewide election in SC for ANY reason.  Woulda, coulda and shoulda rule a lot of things but if you believe that every voter researches, and only then makes an intelligent decision, you are a bigger, f**king pea-brain fool than I first thought.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Your intellect is overshadowed only by your stupidity. 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

That is pretty lame.  You are the one who can't back anything up.  Try again.  You might also try getting your talking points from some place other than rightwing garbage dumps.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Have a good weekend.  Things will get better for you when you can blame the Republicans for your troubles again.  That should be in November.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Not a chance, with the bunch of losers the GOBP, are putting up this is going to be a cake walk. Those idiots will be lucky not to lose seats!!LOL!!!