Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

How It REALLY Is. :o(

14 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: How It REALLY Is. :o(

The libs have been very quiet on juornaolist. They love to attack foxnews but are quiet on juornalist, who do exactly what they claim foxnews does.

Why would anyone be surprised Obama surrounds himself with people, including journalists, of like mind. You would be an idiot to think untrustworthy "juornaolist" would be allowed into the inner sanctom. These would appear to be part of the party machine. Could the incorrect spelling of journalist, twice in the one post, be an indication as why the repigs do not have a representative in there?Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Senior Advisor

Then call em what they are gouch, not journalist but dem party workers. We no longer have journalist in this country. Journolist has proved it.

Veteran Advisor

r3020 I think until the listeners reject the entertainment that calls itself 'news' and demands real news reporting you will continue to get what you have now.

The listeners have to be able to accept the news as it is and not think a candy coated story that agrees with their thinking is news.

Senior Advisor

Why do you think we have the new media? The lamestream media stopped being reporters during the Viet Nam war.

Senior Contributor

In this day and age with hundreds of TV channels out there including dozens of 24/7 "news" type channels maybe it is time we start testing them so that only reputable news channels and shows can be called "news" and political party channels such as FOX and MSNBC have to call themselves Republican or Democrat entertainment channels.   Many believe we now need to the government to warn those among us that are not in the know that smoking is bad for us along with high fat and sugar diets.  Maybe it is time we warn those uninformed what TV channels are true news channels and which channels are simply extensions of the two political parties meant to spread their party's message while at the same time do all it can to discredit the other party with half truths and misstatements.

Senior Advisor

Dag, which ones do you consider true news channels?

Senior Contributor

Good question r3020.  I sure don't endorse censoreship and am not serious about wanting our government to start labeling or rating news or other media formats.  I will say that if one wants an unbiased news source you are better off with BBC news or PBS news hour.  Out of the big three networks I prefer NBC over CBS or ABC.   FOX and MSNBC rate low in my opion as unbiased news sources and I tend to think of them as being like Rush and Air America in that they are entertainment programs aimed at the sheeple of a particular politcial party. 

Another problem I see is with the many political hit pieces calling themselves documentaries.   Again I would go with NOVA or ducementaries carried by PBS over some you will see on HBO or other networks that tend to favor one side over the other as opposed to having a neutral bias and just giving you the straight facts and letting the veiwer decide for themselves.

Senior Advisor

Dag, I have watched some global warming stuff on NOVA, wasn't exactly what I would call fair. I say let the idiots talk and the American people for the most part are smart enough to sort it out. I think the MSM has further marginalized themselves with this journolist thing. Just confirms what guys like Rush have been saying for decades. They smear themselves and make Limbaugh look good at the same time. I think the media has made it clear they are worse at promoting propaganda than is Limbaugh.