cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: How To Become A HERO.

you are going to try and defend the black thief-----where did your momma go wrong

Senior Contributor

A good title of a book

would be "OJ trial Race Relations 101" . At the end of the OJ trial Whites and Black exhibited their differences in world views. Blacks cheered and rejoiced that one of their own had beaten the system. Whites were shocked appalled that a murderer had beaten the system. I`m not getting into if OJ really did it but the differences in the two reactions.  Whites, for the most part would absolutely not want a murderer to live in their midst. Blacks are different in more that skin color, quick example they can get sickle cell anemia. Somewhere in the home setting Some are taught to not take any crap off whitey and if you want something ...take it!  We deserve it because of slavery and racism. For the most part...yet  Whites are taught to not fight, just walk away and be a little extra kind to Blacks because of slavery and racism. Now, untill everyone understands this and intelligently discusses it. We are just going to enable this bad behavior by a too large of number of Black youths and wannabe Blacks who are white punks.     

Veteran Advisor

Re: sicle cell anemia

BA in regard to your reference to sicle cell.

It is not just blacks that can 'get it'.

It is a genetic problem that is also found in other tropical areas.

Believe it is somehow beneficial in those areas because of...... maybe Malaria?

So the net is nobody 'gets it', like a disease, it is a genetic disorder passed on from the parents. Have to check but may be it is carried in a population and then shows up when both parents have the 'defective' gene.

No one can defend the thief no matter what the colour but I await the insinuation he is leftist leaning. Come on Moll, be bold enough to say it and watch the sparks fly.

Veteran Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

You can really find the most despicable creature to portray black folks. Yet we could put pictures of you or Ollie as examples of the republican party. The face of your party would be distorted and hardly fair. Honest people would not do that anymore than they would label all muslims as islamic terrorists.

They say that beauty is only skin deep but it seems to me that ugly goes clear to the bone.  I'll bet your neighbors think you are a joke.

My neighbors have re-elected me to be their Township Trustee for over a quarter of a century now.  My township is the largest in area in the State of Iowa, it is also the largest in population...nearly 5,000 people.

I guess my neighbors are okay with me taking care of their fire/EMS, fence viewing, etc. needs.

Senior Contributor

its been so long since you saw a spark you would not know what it looked like

Veteran Advisor

Millie, I have watched the video again and as I suspected in the first viewing it shows the pharmicist shooting an unarmed kid after the 'gunman' left the store and according to the police report 

According to police, Parker and a friend tried to rob the pharmacist at gunpoint in May 2009. Investigators said Ersland knocked Parker to the ground with one shot to the head, grabbed a different weapon and fired five more shots into his chest and abdomen.  http://www.koco.com/r/24703285/detail.html 

he then finished murdering a wounded kid.

Sure does not make the pharmicist look like a 'hero' or even someone protecting himself.

Senior Contributor

Canuck, it looks to me like Antwun was shot while the other robber was still in the store with his gun.  It looks like when the pharmacist grabbed his gun the robber with gun decided to flee and was headed for the door but was still clearly in the store when Antwun went down.  To me that makes it a justified shooting.  I would think the kid with gun pointing at the pharmacist was the focus of the pharmacists attention and I can not fault the pharmacist for making a split second decision to shoot Antwun as opposed to taking time to see if he had a gun as well.

It is hard to say since the video does not show what happened next but I have a problem with the pharmacist grabbing another gun and shooting Antwun several more times if he was laying on the floor incapacitated.  By then he would have known the robber with gun had fled and should have recognized that Antwun was no longer a threat.  While I agree with the grieving mother it was probably not necessary to shoot Antwun again after the initial head wound I do a have a big problem with her calling her 16 year old son a hero and saying he was not a masked robber considering he was involved in an armed robbery at the time of his death and was wearing a mask.  Even if Atwun was prompted by others to carry out the robbery it is no excuse for his actions.  At 16 years of age Antwun was old enough to know the difference between right and wrong and the severity of his actions.

Veteran Advisor

I won't argue with your understanding and description dagwud but I think a rational person (I do not think the Pharmist was rational at that time) could have seen that the person with the gun was leaving and controlled his emotions instead of shooting first and asking questions after.

I do allow a mother to consider her son a hero but I sure do not condone the pharmist for getting another gun and shooting Antwun 5 more times (I think that was the police report) by that time he should have been rational and therefore should be prosecuted.

That is the risk of everyone being armed. Common sense leaves too many people in the emotion of an incident like that and leads to misery for many.   

Senior Contributor

The video didn`t show everything, but if Antwan was shot in the head first. What sometimes happens is a head shot will cause them to flopp around (not at all pretty) the phamicist being scared wittless was thinking he would put him out of his misery with more shots to the chest. Just my guess. Through it all the pharmicist`s action net saved lives. I bet instances of drug store robberies have went down, even if just for a few weeks.