cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: How To Kill The Goose That Lays The Golden Eggs....

Well then GTO, I guess the dems will be running on a platform of higher taxes on the rich to save the economy. How did that work out in France and Greece? May be we should do like they are proposing in Britain, all checks are sent to the government and they take out what they need then send the rest to the guy that earned it.

Senior Contributor

You think they earned it!! Holy Toledo! They really nailed you didn't they? NOBODY, is worth a million dollars a year! Get that through your head, it's stupid, besides that, who else can afford it, you?

One of the real problems, is the banking system has 2 Trillion dollars that was given to them by the Federal government, and they won't lend it. Small businesses need the money to get things going. It's not the fat cats that spend the money in the US, it's the 98% that spend the money for food, clothing and services. The GOP rhetoric about "Trickle down, economics" was a farce to redistribute the wealth UP! YOU"VE BEEN DUPED, MY MAN!!

Senior Contributor

You`re right that no company big wig is worth a $million or sometimes 20 times that. What frosts me is they get the bright idea to hire workers below a "living wage" or ship the jobs overseas, then reward themselves with a bonus for all the savings they made. When they hire workers below a living wage all they do is shift their employment costs to the taxpayer. If a worker makes less than say $40,000, their family doesn`t pay Fed taxes, probably gets earned income credit. They also have to look to state and county programs to suppliment their living costs. I`m not blaming the family, they have no other recourse. The thing is we can`t grow the government a Obama`s levels and soley pay for it on the backs of those making over $250k. Before raising a dime of taxes on anyone, Obama needs to do good faith  spending cuts, instead of tripling  the defict of George Bush.