Did you mean: 
Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

Re: How Trump is losing in Syria

Perhaps you don't understand taleb's skin in the game

hardnox
Advisor

So if Pres. Dennison, Pompeo, Haspel manage to get a war going with NK or Iran with casualty ratios in the 100s:1 region would that constitute skin in the game?

hardnox
Advisor

I'm curious about these Marquis of Queensbury

rules of warfare.

I suppose IED's would be like rabbit punches, for sure. Not a manly form of warfare.

If American Sniper shoots a woman in a burka in the back from a concealed location because she might be up to no good- and she might- does he have skin in the game? He is manly and has a cool gun.

Does bombing the #### out of Raqqa-with virtually no risk of casualties and the civilians who substantially outnumber ISIS fighters qualify?

bruce MN
Advisor

Re: I'm curious about these Marquis of Queensbury

So nuts. Sam hedges out on all matters such as these. He sees purity AND complicity on all sides. Hates the neocon position and the loves the pacifists unless......

Comfortable skin though...

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

Having skin in the game means you're going to be more cautious with risk taking because it's going to cost you something.  You break it you bought it cost Bush and the USA a great deal.  What do riskless interventions cost, and what of the state of those countries that we overthrow and just walk away?

I realize attempting to discuss how the USA might find a more moral course in its foreign policy is a futile exercise with people only looking for an outlet for their hate, but I have it a go.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Sane Foreign Policy

We need leaders that can reverse the last century of the USA taking on the role of World Police and getting back to a policy of protecting strategic US interests first and stopping the erosion of US economic strength that is occurring with our currency being debased. 

Wise leadership would study the decline of the Romans, over 2000 years ago, and how their outstretched armies eventually could not even defend Rome proper. I am sure that hubris keeps  the American people from wanting to watch a movie based on "The Battle that stopped Rome", but the German victory in 9 AD where the so-called Barbarians completely wiped out about 20 percent of Rome's standing armies of career soldiers and hired mercenaries is one that should be studied. Much of the world secretly, and maybe not so secretly anymore, yearns  for such an event to happen today.

hardnox
Advisor

Re: Sane Foreign Policy

You guys are funny.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Melting point of steel.

On 11 February 2003, one month before the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq, Mueller gave testimony to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. Mueller informed the American public that "Seven countries designated as state sponsors of terrorism—Iran, Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Libya, Cuba and North Korea—remain active in the United States and continue to support terrorist groups that have targeted Americans. As Director Tenet has pointed out, Secretary Powell presented evidence last week that Baghdad has failed to disarm its weapons of mass destruction, willfully attempting to evade and deceive the international community. Our particular concern is that Saddam Hussein may supply terrorists with biological, chemical or radiological material.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mueller

hardnox
Advisor

Yeah, but Donald Trump told Howard Stern that he was in favor of an invasion.

Then after the break they discussed ***** sex.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Mueller was the one with the power. He's the deep state you say dropped the twin towers. He was the cover up.