cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

How different is moder industrial Ag?

Fits with what 'nox was trying to beat into our heads earlier today: http://www.desmogblog.com/2014/11/03/federal-reserve-fracking-bubble
9 Replies
Gypsy_Slaughter
Contributor

Re: How different is moder industrial Ag?

I can get people a handicap parking space with the push of a button.  The baseball thing was IDK, just kneecaps.

Industrial systems technology will rock your world.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

This site is a magnet for all the nuts in the US. Here's another one.
Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

Government granting special favors and protections to business.  Whose meme is that?   

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

There you go....we are all at the mercy of the federal reserve.  If that free use of money had ever hit mainstreet, we would`ve been flooded with inflation.  But take a look at North Dakota, in the oil area they have a microcosm of inflation, a worker can make 3 times the wage than anywhere else.  Even McDonalds is a living wage job.

But like me and Peter Schiff say, interest rates can`t go up with the $18 Trillion national debt...well rates could go up, but it would be `curtains` for everything.  We no longer have the tool in the toolbox that Paul Volker had, his 20% interest was responsible for farmers going broke and Reagan`s deficits".

hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

Farmers went broke \in 80's due to stupid financial decisons.
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Should some of them have gotten their debts written off with taxpayer money?   Smiley Happy

hardnox
Advisor

That's a good one that I haven't heard.

St. Ronald didn't run deficits except for the interest cost that Volker burdened him with.

Before it's all over we're going to have to disinter him and bury the bones in the National Cathedral.

PS. You can foloow Schiff as much as you want but I'll caution you that there appear to be folks at Marketing who make some real money decisions based on extreme political ideology and it tends not to go well for them.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Nox, do me a favor and look up "historical prime rates", during Reagan they were 12%-20% thanks to Paul Volker. With Obama and Bernanke prime has been flat 2%ish.

Okay " interest on the national debt" is part of the deficit...correct? you with me so far? Reagan's cost for servicing a $1 trillion debt was $200 billion in interest each year...right?  Obama has $17 trillion in debt and 2% interest or $340 billion....not twice as much interest payment to service 17 times the debt!  Better have that math whizz AgJudge check my figures, but if Obama had Paul Volker for a fed chairman, this country would be over in a matter of days.

Whether Peter Schiff is "right" depends on your lookout horizon. If you live day to day the stock market may go to 20,000 and gold down to $300....I don't know...weeks, months,years? All I know is one day the music stops and you better be by a chair. 

hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

Rocket ahead thirty years should taxpayers money be used to pay farmers who don't plant their ground?   from a program that taxpayers also have to pay for????????????