cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

How do you convince those people?

People that live within your midst that have not had a fire arm and have gone decades without propelling a missle toward an animal or a human being. In fact the most they think of guns is when violnce is done on innocent people. The guy enraged in California didn't raise havoc in public because of sandy hook. But his own son was a victim this past week in california and now he is actively involved. When in the hell are we going to do something?  Or is a monthly massacre acceptable within our society?

As with any problem, society must admit we have a problem before a plan could be made to address it. Whether it is an over abundance of guns amongs the public or climate change in the environment. First we need to agree there is a problem.

That is really impossible when we are dealing with the irrational and illogical,

20 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: How do you convince those people?

@kraft-t wrote:

People that live within your midst that have not had a fire arm and have gone decades without propelling a missle toward an animal or a human being. In fact the most they think of guns is when violnce is done on innocent people. The guy enraged in California didn't raise havoc in public because of sandy hook. But his own son was a victim this past week in california and now he is actively involved. When in the hell are we going to do something?  Or is a monthly massacre acceptable within our society?

As with any problem, society must admit we have a problem before a plan could be made to address it. Whether it is an over abundance of guns amongs the public or climate change in the environment. First we need to agree there is a problem.

That is really impossible when we are dealing with the irrational and illogical,

The problem is not the gun, the problem is societal decay.

Senior Advisor

Re: Joe the plumber

Quote - " your dead kids don't trump my right to bear arms!"

I guess Joe thinks that more than a few deaths is an acceptable price to pay for his need to own a personal arsonal.

Senior Advisor

Acyually, I think the blame belongs to irrational gun nuts that are unwilling to make any personal sacrifice in the name of public safety.

Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

@kraft-t wrote:

And what decay is that?  Let me guess.  If everyone was a stupid bible basher like you they would have the principles to remain guilt free?????  It is the likes of you gun nuts that are perpetuating the gun violence but one of the primary requirements for rational thought is a brain.  That is where you let the team down comrade.

Advisor

make it easier for families to commit people with mental health problems. I've got a psycho neighbor whose parents have a restraining order, who've tried to do something with him, judges say no.

i keep hearing that its a myth that democrats want to confiscate guns, but the noise like your post says something different.

Senior Advisor

@gough whitlam wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

@kraft-t wrote:

And what decay is that?  Let me guess.  If everyone was a stupid bible basher like you they would have the principles to remain guilt free?????  It is the likes of you gun nuts that are perpetuating the gun violence but one of the primary requirements for rational thought is a brain.  That is where you let the team down comrade.

Progressive society is a violent decaying society. Much of it is caused by the war on poverty where Almight God is replaced with Almighty Big Government. There is no morality, only survival of the fittest. If you want something take it because you have as much right to it as anybody else. If some one gets in your way,kill them, blow their head off, life is no different than a rock.

Honored Advisor

The guy that went on the viral, antigun tirade is a opportunist that never liked guns and just used that tragedy for that soapbox.  He lost his son, so we rightly give him that wide berth, as irrational as it is.

It`s no different than when I was a kid and was under a piece of machinery and hit my head...I would childishly pick up a hammer and hit the spot where I bumped my head.  It wasn`t the inanimate object`s fault that I hit my head, but to pound on it and cuss made me feel better, but I grew out of that.  Now I`m old and move too slow to hit my head very often, but when I do, I still cuss  Smiley Happy

But look at this country, the people used to be decent for the most part and they could buy cocaine in the drugstore +100 yrs ago, it was even a ingedient in Coca Cola.  But, then there was the "war on drugs" decent people stay away from drugs, even though illegal drugs are easy to obtain.  If a decent person would want to buy illegal drugs, they could go to the shadiest person they know who would hook them up with the shadiest person they know and by the end of the day a decent person could buy and illegal drug they would want.  If we as a society can`t keep drugs out of the hands of society, how could guns be effectively banned?  

As the bumpersticker says "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns".   It`s just that the only thing that will stop a evil person with a gun is a decent person with a gun.  However these evil people that go off in the head many times shoot themselves, perhaps in a flash moment of sanity from their psychotropic drug haze at the realization of the evil that they had just committed.

A hatchet is a deadly weapon to Lizzy Borden and this guy in the news.  http://www.kwqc.com/story/8260711/iowa-man-convicted-of-killing-mom-with-hatchet

Senior Contributor

gough whitlam wrote:
r3020 wrote:
kraft-t wrote:
People that live within your midst that have not had a fire arm and have gone decades without propelling a missle toward an animal or a human being. In fact the most they think of guns is when violnce is done on innocent people. The guy enraged in California didn't raise havoc in public because of sandy hook. But his own son was a victim this past week in california and now he is actively involved. When in the hell are we going to do something? Or is a monthly massacre acceptable within our society?

And what decay is that? Let me guess. If everyone was a stupid bible basher like you they would have the principles to remain guilt free????? It is the likes of you gun nuts that are perpetuating the gun violence but one of the primary requirements for rational thought is a brain. That is where you let the team down comrade.
Progressive society is a violent decaying society. Much of it is caused by the war on poverty where Almight God is replaced with Almighty Big Government. There is no morality, only survival of the fittest. If you want something take it because you have as much right to it as anybody else. If some one gets in your way,kill them, blow their head off, life is no different than a rock.

How did know you would blame the worlds ills on their lack of religion. You sanctimonious pri ck. how could a two bob Neville nobody from no where know how to solve the ills of the earth by simply prescribing more god. Your need treatment and soon.
Senior Advisor

@gough whitlam wrote:
@gough whitlam wrote:
@r3020 wrote:
@kraft-t wrote:
People that live within your midst that have not had a fire arm and have gone decades without propelling a missle toward an animal or a human being. In fact the most they think of guns is when violnce is done on innocent people. The guy enraged in California didn't raise havoc in public because of sandy hook. But his own son was a victim this past week in california and now he is actively involved. When in the hell are we going to do something? Or is a monthly massacre acceptable within our society?

And what decay is that? Let me guess. If everyone was a stupid bible basher like you they would have the principles to remain guilt free????? It is the likes of you gun nuts that are perpetuating the gun violence but one of the primary requirements for rational thought is a brain. That is where you let the team down comrade.

How did know you would blame the worlds ills on their lack of religion. You sanctimonious pri ck. how could a two bob Neville nobody from no where know how to solve the ills of the earth by simply prescribing more god. Your need treatment and soon.

Good guy with a gun stops bad guy with a gun.

snip-

An Ohio store clerk with a concealed-carry weapon permit shot an armed robber last Wednesday morning.

The clerk, who is believed to be in his 20’s, was working at a Sami Quick Stop in Youngstown around 12:15 a.m. when 17-year-old Ja’Braelyn Bunn, armed with a rifle, and 17-year-old Kimani Hodges entered the store and demanded money. Bunn shot at the clerk and missed. But when the clerk returned fire, he hit his mark, WKBN reports.

“He demanded the clerk to give him some money,” said Struthers Police Chief Tim Roddy. “The clerk felt threatened and had a lawful CCW permit, and shot at the suspect.”

Ja’Braelyn Bunn dropped this rifle and fled after the clerk shot him in the side.

The clerk shot Bunn in the side and the crook dropped his rifle, which had a sawed-off buttstock and partially removed trigger guard, and fled along with his accomplice. Police captured both suspects a short time later.

Two employees were present during the robbery: the clerk, who was behind the counter, and the manager, who was in the stockroom. After the robbery, the manager called 911.

“I’m up at Sami’s. I’m the manager here, and we just got a guy came in here and try to rob us,” the manager told the dispatcher.

The dispatcher relayed the information to the responding officer, who was surprised to find out some of the details.

Dispatcher: “He has the ‘19’ (weapon) … they have it now.”

Officer: “They disarmed him?”

Dispatcher: “Affirmative. They had a CCW.”

Bunn was transported to St. Elizabeth Health Center to be treated for his gunshot wound and Hodges was booked into Mahoning County Juvenile Justice Center. Both teens are facing charges.

Neither of the employees were injured during the robbery and the police have determined the shooting was justified.

“In the right situation, someone that is responsible and very knowledgeable with a weapon – they have the right to protect themselves,” said Roddy.

http://www.guns.com/2014/05/28/ccw-carrying-clerk-returns-fire-shoots-armed-robber-video/