Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: How dumb can a person be?

What spare change?
Highlighted
Advisor

I can't really answer your idea of taking wealth from every man woman and child north america to devote to some project to replace petroleum.   The problem is not technology it's greed and power.  Most people are so brainwashed they cannot see the facts right in front of their nose, like some that cannot except that the oil monopoly exists non the less that they are manipulating supply to harvest huge fortunes.   If technology was developed it would not be available until the criminal parasitic oligarchy had control and could keep harvesting that wealth.

In a new thread I posted a little story about Tesla's automobile powered by gravity.  Why isn't that technology being used?   Can you imagine what that would do to the petroleum and electric power industry? 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I thought it said they were powered by a box of radio vacuum tubes that got power through the airwaves at certain frequencies.

Highlighted
Advisor

And roaring back they come...on rumores that it's not a big deal after all.

But nice day trade ops for somebody....coming and going. And more evidence that there very likely is a heck of alot of idle money sitting around in the trade that people don't want to tie up in fragile equities right now,

Best gig might be the cocaine and 5-hr. energy drink concession..... 

Highlighted
Advisor

I think its a big deal. That's why I think commodities will continue up. Check out Chris Mortenson's piece on zerohedge then head to your bunker.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@bruce MN wrote:

OK GEOthermal then. I could give a crap. I'm not hard to get along with on this. But enough so that we know that we are going to have energy. Drill a big heat pump  source right down to the molten core if need be....but getter done. Pick up every man woman and child in north america  by the heels and shake the spare change out of them. Best if what we do is much bigger than wind, biofuels or tacking mirrors to your roof. Lets narrow it down to the things that are not those things.......What ya' got?

We probably should and would be able to shut down all of our old nukes too. And get the Nunn.Lugar gang back up to full speed and get that loose cold war era material rounded up and put it to use.

We need to start doing something big here. We ARE the big dog. I'm tired of reading about the latest round of high finance incest and sodomy. That money's not doing corporate and skiming America any good sitting around in shoe boxes.

Hey bruce the Russians tried that. Started back in the 60ies or 70ies.

Think they drilled over 12 killometres deep before they had to quit.

If I remember correctly the ground got hot quicker than anyone expected and they were unable to go deeper even though they were some distance from molten rock.

Rock was hard to drill as it got hotter, was not as 'hard' so stuck or something.

Anyway their drill hole still yielded a lot of scientific info. They got evidence of life from the rock a long way down. Perhaps all the way. I know they have an inventory of their finds that is quite beneficial  to scientists.

Google deep russian hole and see what comes up.

If I get a moment will see if I can find something on it.

BTW think the US started a deep hole in the ocean somewhere but gave up on it before too long (or deep).

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@GoredHusker wrote:

I've gotta agree with Bruce here.  It is my understanding that the earthquake isn't what affected the nuke sights.  Rather it was the tsunami waves that knocked out the backup generators.  If the plants would have been six miles further inland, they wouldn't be having this problem.  Unfortunately, this event probably put our nuclear development back decades.  We're seeing knee jerk reactions to this just like we did to some of the offshore drilling for oil in the Gulf.     

Agree Gored, Problem with nuclear plants 'six miles inland' is they need a source, read body of water, to cool the plants. At least I think all types of reactors do.

That is why they are always situated on the shore of some type of water.

Highlighted
Advisor

I wnet to zerohedge and tried looking for a Mortensen articel. What day? Google doesn't help. Gives me one from August 2009.

Link?

Advisor

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Drill wells or build a pipeline.  It might increase the cost a bit of the nuclear energy, but at least their backup generators would not have been lost.