cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

How many Federal Circuit Courts were there

when Congress set the number of SCOTUS Justices at 9 in 1869?

How many are there today?

SCOTUS has varied from 5 to 13.

But those precious norms.

10 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: How many Federal Circuit Courts were there

A reminder- Harry Reid nuked the filibuster when McConnell tried to block all judicial appointments.

Another of those precious norms going by the wayside.

Senior Contributor

(How many Federal Circuit Courts were there when Congress set the number of SCOTUS Justices at 9 in 1869?     9

How many are there today?     13          Number has varied from 5 to 13.          But those precious norms.)

You didn't make a point?  Your comparing the number of SCOTUS judges to the number of FCC's?   

I wonder if any states were added to our Union since 1869?  I wonder if our population has increased since 1869?

Advisor

All that was being said is that it can be changed.

Throwing out an abstraction of dates and numbers is Twilight Zone stuff.

With recent developments in the RW inspired resistance it starting to look like you keyboard warriors are going to have to decide if you get involved from the cheap sears or take to the front lines.e.

I seem to recall way, way back in the Iraq run up day when some of us were saying that if we do this there needs to be a Draft.

To which  was replied “I’ve given enough in taxes to support this government that I damn well won’t give them my boys.”

Senior Contributor

(All that was being said is that it can be changed.)

Gee thanks sherlock, yea that and a lot of other things can be changed.  Biden and the winger party can sell our Country to China - just quit being to wimpy to say it out loud.

(Throwing out an abstraction of dates and numbers is Twilight Zone stuff.)

Have to agree with you on this one, NQX spews a lot of twilight zone nonsense.

Senior Advisor

The last machinations were during and after the term of the previous worst President.

Senior Contributor

(The last machinations were during and after the term of the previous worst President.)

The last President to run a machination was was the russia russia russia scam administration who's successor was subsequently kicked to the curb. 

Advisor

It’s been a long morning...

Advisor

Not how many whenever,  but as for the ones we’ve got a see that a couple of them are doing their job of upholding the Constitution, established Statutes and our underlying  democracy.

Nipped the fascist Gov. Of The Great State of Texas and the Pennsylvania Politburo In the budd on obstruction of the submission of ballots.

Senior Contributor

(Not how many whenever,  but as for the ones we’ve got a see that a couple of them are doing their job of upholding the Constitution, established Statutes and our underlying  democracy.)

So put bruceQ down as against packing the courts with liberal activist winger judges?