cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

How many of you Democrats

Favor extending the pay roll tax cut? If so, for how long?

8 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: How many of you Democrats

That is a good question...heh heh heh.   Obamy is in the "left seat" now.  I have a feeling that when all is said and done, alot of the middle-class 0bama voters are gonna get their "2013" tax bill and say "WTF was I thinking??"   heh heh  they deserve it.  But like Rush said "the media is putting out the idea that appreciating people is more important than them having more money in their pocket"  I wonder if my waitress would rather I thank her or give her a tip??   Not gonna try that one.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

What, no opinions? Do you libs support extending the pay roll tax cut? If not, why not? If so, for how long? Come on Hobby, you ready to ante up. Should my minimum wage daughter have her taxes raised 2%?

Highlighted
Advisor

Ok, I'll bite. Yeah, raise the taxes, but....let's see some cuts to go along.  I'm talking meaningful cuts to all areas of the govt., defense, federal pay, federal pensions, health and human services, interior, foreign aid, etc. I guess that's not really what you asked tho. And leave the inheritance tax with present exemptions in place and raise capital gains to 30%. I guess you can call me a democrat, but I'm more like a eisenhower republican.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@idalivered wrote:

Ok, I'll bite. Yeah, raise the taxes, but....let's see some cuts to go along.  I'm talking meaningful cuts to all areas of the govt., defense, federal pay, federal pensions, health and human services, interior, foreign aid, etc. I guess that's not really what you asked tho. And leave the inheritance tax with present exemptions in place and raise capital gains to 30%. I guess you can call me a democrat, but I'm more like a eisenhower republican.

Appreciate your in put and honesty. Kudos

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Which of the payroll taxes were cut?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I never favored the payroll tax cut ever. Not then and not now. It was a temporary effort like the Bush tax cuts that were not benficial to the government at all. Perhaps it helped put some food on the table for a short while.

I favor more revenues for SS and Fica taxes and would raise the rates and extend the income subject to them.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I would go along with Ida, except I would need some iron clad proof of spending cuts before I jumped on board. If history is any teacher, reduced spending does not seem to happen.