cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

How much snow so far

Here in N. IL. we have got about 8 inches so far, and it's still snowing and has been for about 14 hours. We're forecasted to have snowfall all day into the early evening.

How much accumulation has everybody else got?

6 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: How much snow so far

None here in Louisiana, Sunshine.

Veteran Advisor

It's money falling from the sky, this year anyway. This is the first snowfall so far, and my son thinks it's fun to plow snow. Hopefully he'll feel the same way tonight, because I let him sleep in until 4:00 this morning after a few hours of sleep.

Look at all the lost income because of that sunshine, not to mention the bug spray that you have to use.

Veteran Advisor

Here in the snowbelt of Ontario I have 1 to maybe 2 cm.

It has been 'snowing' here for several days now but the ground is not frozen and a little bit of sun or a few hours just above 0C each day and it has been going away too.

Tractor and blower are ready to go but nothing to do yet.

Now that observation is out my backdoor.

Other areas have had streamers from the lake and have quantities of snow.

I hear that Buffalo and parts of New York state have had over a meter as wind came up Lake Erie and dumped on them.

Our time will come.

Only remember 1 year, back in the 1980ies I think, when we had maybe 10cm in late Nov or early Dec and did not blow it as the weather man said it was going to be mild again. It went away within days and never had any more all winter.

Only snow removal $$ I got was from a contract with a mortgage company for a house they 'wished they did not own'. They wanted a flat rate per month so I got it for a good $ since there was no way of knowing how much snow we would get. No costs on that income except the gas to bank it. 

Veteran Contributor

When we get about a week of sub freezing temps, my costs for the next crop go down substantially.  I wish we got the freezing temps you do without the snow.  Driving in that stuff day in and out gets old quick.  It is supposed to snow here Tuesday night.  Snow to us is flakes falling from the sky.  A blizzard is a couple of inches.  Temp here as I write is 82 degrees.  I came in to cool off.

Senior Advisor

Re: Here in Oklahoma..

Here in Oklahoma we got 8 inches of sunshine today. I went out for lunch in a short sleeved shirt but it was a little nippy. Probably should have worn a long sleeve shirt.

Senior Contributor

Re: Here in Oklahoma..

East central IN, 4 inches.