cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Maybe America is in better shape than we thought

I know that you will think this difficult to understand, but folks like me are more interest in how government policy affects others rather than ourselves.

For example: single payer healthinsurance would be better for society. Not just for me because we already have medicare. I want medicare for everyone. Not just for me and the elderly.

Immigration reform. Not to help me and not to increase democrat voters but because there are millions of subamerican hanging in limbo. Many have been here for 20 or more years and have children (american citizens) that were born here. Who would advocate deporting them or spitting up families.

Wages, why would anyone oppose raising the minimum wage. Don't you want those other folks to prosper. To have money in their pockets to buy the stuff that the american farmer produces? Perhaps even some of that ethanol blend you are so excited about.

WE don't make these things up from whole cloth. We do read what you write and we hear what your candidates say. You seem to agree with the Ted Cruzes, the Steve kings, and the Rush Limbaughs. What else are we to think?

Senior Contributor

Re: Nox Nox Nox Nox Nox Nox

Well actually your position on gun ownership is a good example. You want complete freedom to own whatever gun you choose and you want the community to put up with living under the threat of a gun nut going postal. Yet when it happens the public and the police have to clean the matter up. Heal the injured and bury the dead and pasy all the legal expense of trying the guilty and incarserating them for decades to come.

So you want the ability to phart in public and make the public clean up the mess! And you won't help us because you oppose any effort to enhance gun ownership restrictions. I'd say every weapon needs to be registered and a annual tax levied agains each and every gun. That way when a crime occurs involving a firearm there is money for government to handle the costs. Secondly a gun owner would be required to keep his firearm secure. He shall not use it in commission of a crime and if his firearm is used in commision of a crime he should be held financially responsible. Why because he allows that firearm to become in possession of someone else. Yep, if he had it locked and secured properly, no one else would have it. Ever heard of gun safes?

Honored Advisor

So, on immigration do we ever secure the borders or just have a open border free for all?

There is no way Rush or Ted or Rand or Mitt or Joni will touch your social security.  I know you guys make great political hay like OJ Simpson pretending "the bloody glove doesn`t fit" but in your heart of hearts you know damned well no political will touch social security.   The lock box has been robbed and some day some thing will have to be done to shore it up and the sooner we can all civily talk about it, the less pain and more sustainable it will be.

Senior Contributor

Re: Actually gough

They deserve the results of what they voted for. They will rue the day that republicans won the majority.

Honored Advisor

Re: Nox Nox Nox Nox Nox Nox

Nothing proposed by the gun grabber crazies would`ve stopped the shooting that they try to capitalize on.  limiting magazines to 10 rounds?  The nut that shot Gabby Giffords would`ve just bought them on the black market like the heroin that we have no control of or simply carry a bunch of "legal" 10 rd magazines.   The thing is what was proposed would NOT work and they would be after MORE crazy gun laws.

If Eric Holder wasn`t busy selling guns to drug cartels and just ENFORCED gun laws already on the books, that would work!

Like immigration, our immigration laws are fine, it`s just they are lax in enforcing them...just as and excuse for amnesty.

Senior Contributor

So we are not supposed to believe what your polls are saying. The only reason they haven't cut SS already is because they haven't had the votes!

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: How much trouble are we really in?

Pelosi , Ried , Obama etc are nothing but a bunch of lying deceitful criminals ie OBAMACARE for one.
Ill take my chances with the pretty lady from Iowa over this bunch.
Veteran Advisor

we just want YOUR social security check cut, Shifty. My mother gets about $500 a month, after the medicare premium comes out. We are going to leave hers alone.

Why should I pay in $12000 to $15000 per year in social security taxes to support your affluent lifestyle? For most of your life, you never paid in that kind of tax and you had investment tax credits during your active farming career so that you never paid any federal income tax either.

I am never going to get a payout based on what I am paying in, the system is not set up that way. Its a wealth transfer system, and I would prefer that it just go to a needs based system where those that really need it , get it, and that it is financed by all income, not just what the "workers" in America produce.

Senior Advisor

@OKdon wrote:

So we are not supposed to believe what your polls are saying. The only reason they haven't cut SS already is because they haven't had the votes!

SS is unsustainable as it is now. We can have changes or we can let the system collapse. The only proposal for change I have seen is to change it to a total welfare system where the amount you receive is no longer based on the amount you pay in. You know the old Karl Marx communist manifesto solution where from each according to his ability, to each according to his need.

Senior Contributor

Re: How much trouble are we really in?

Breath deep. Dont take it as such a personal affront.  Keep it up and you're gonig to stroke out.