cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Exhibit # 1

Sorry boyz, but even if you're all white and like NASCAR, that doesn't make you a Well Regulated Militia.

Shout it constantly to drown out all dissent, elect politicians and nominate judges who'll defend it for their daily bread, it still isn't so.

Fair to say that the "original intent" of the founding fathers actually would look with a jaundiced eye upon treasonous insurrectionists.

It seems a small thing but induced ammosexuality is the most common gateway drug to becoming a right wing identity kook.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: How much trouble are we really in?

Thought you might find this story about Alex Salmond interesting Nox.

Seemed to fit this thread.

Just recieved it by twitter this morning.

I tried to attach a picture of a clipping and it did not work so will type it in.

As affable as Alex can be one o one, he does not shy from telling people what he thinks. Once, in America, a prominent Republican politician was talking about how much he loved Scotland, but he didn't understand how the home of "the great capitalist Adam Smith" (as the Republican put it) could have ended up "so darn liberal".

Alex smiled. "Well, Senator," he said. "I think you'll find that in Scotland, we read the whole book."

hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

Re: Maybe America is in better shape than we thought

Why should working taxpayers pay for crop ins premiums to support your govt supported affluent farming lifestyle???  wealth transfer

Surprizing you allow your mother to except SS since you hate it so much?????    Funny how federal money changes one thinking... How much did she pay into SS over the years?

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Try again to post clipping

Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 8.53.27 AM.png

It is there in my preview screen

hardnox
Advisor

Funny. To whom is that attributed?

There's some genuine insight there but unfortunately in our modern American echo chamber things of that sort are reduced to charming little anecdotes you can tell your like minded compatriots or pointless offerrings to deaf ears.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

No attribution just the clipping attached to a tweet which mentioned it was a story about Salmond.

The clipping notes it is by Alex so putting the two together I assume it is from Alex Salmond who was the leader of a party in Scotland that held a referendum recently to separate Scotland from the United Kingdom.

I think he resigned after the referendum failed to pass.

Google Alex Salmond and I am sure you will find lots more about him.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Exhibit # 1

@hardnox wrote:

Sorry boyz, but even if you're all white and like NASCAR, that doesn't make you a Well Regulated Militia.

Shout it constantly to drown out all dissent, elect politicians and nominate judges who'll defend it for their daily bread, it still isn't so.

Fair to say that the "original intent" of the founding fathers actually would look with a jaundiced eye upon treasonous insurrectionists.

It seems a small thing but induced ammosexuality is the most common gateway drug to becoming a right wing identity kook.

Sorry Nox but the American voter just aren't stupid enough to swallow that garbage.

hardnox
Advisor

Re: Exhibit # 1

That is my point, more or less.

You can win elections and stuff courts with political functionaries and make it a done deal but it doesn't make it true.

The more you lie to yourselves the deeper we get in.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

consistent BADeere

Your argument of not limiting magazine rounds is weak.

It's like saying why have a speed limit if I can easily kill someone going 65 mph as 100 mph.

But you are consistent in your perceived privilege. You have the same notion about gays also.

You have said you would be much happier to have gay folks hide who they are, never talk about it, and never show affection. Unfortunately for you, you're not owed comfort at the expense of other people.

Understand ?

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: consistent BADeere

@NewAgJudge wrote:

Your argument of not limiting magazine rounds is weak.

It's like saying why have a speed limit if I can easily kill someone going 65 mph as 100 mph.

But you are consistent in your perceived privilege. You have the same notion about gays also.

You have said you would be much happier to have gay folks hide who they are, never talk about it, and never show affection. Unfortunately for you, you're not owed comfort at the expense of other people.

Understand ?

The right to keep and bear arms is protected by the Constitution of the United States so as the federal government does not have the right to disarm the population. That I understand.