cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: Exhibit # 1

or , elections can be like margin calls...and after a few cycles, you start asking yourself if you really are that sure about the direction.

(apologies to Bob Utterback for stealing his line about margin calls....margin calls are God's way of asking you if you really are that sure).

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Re: Maybe America is in better shape than we thought

I've not seen that proposal in any legislation.

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Re: Maybe America is in better shape than we thought

Kind of silly there red. We live on our social security benefits. Our outrageous living standards are supported by after tax income from farming. Surely, you approve of my spending earned income as I choose.

Your mom must not have paid much into SS. If your father is deceased she would be getting the higher of his benefit or her own.

Thats what happens when folks strive so hard to avoid taxes thatit provides for anegative future rather than a positive one.

For most of my life i have paid taxes income and SS. Since 1956 scooping corn out of a government bin site to 2014 which is about 59 years. Back in 1959 i was working as hired hand for $175 per month but I wasn't fully employed. I wasn't doing a **bleep** thing between 10 pm in the evening and 5 am in the morning. In those days we were farming about 600 acres raising about 2000 head of hogs and feeding 200 head of cattle and much of that feed and manure was handled with a scoop shovel and a pitchfork. That was before the days of manure pits and skid steers.

Medicare premium comes out of our checks as well and then we pay $500 per month for a medicare supplement insurance and an equal amount for nursing home insurance. Those two are private insurance policies to insure agains our impoverishment.

What makes you think you will not receive benefits? Perhaps inflation will take your benefits to $5000 per month being you are still a snot nosed kid. After you get to be 75 years old I might feel sorry for you but until you carry the load for 60 years I'm not going to worry about you.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Nox Nox Nox Nox Nox Nox

You keep saying that crap about guns when you know full well it isn't going to happen. You should not be able to refuse service because of race, religious, or sexual preference but I doubt there is a problem with refusing to service someone who would like to do away with you! You know that also! Healthcare needs to be reformed so that poor people can afford it, that people with a disease cannot be refused insurance, children can be covered. You also that the repubs refused to participate. They walked out of meetings and refused to talk about it.. Any time they did say something they wanted and Obama compromised and agreed, the repubs said NO and asked for something more. You know this! BUT you won't admit any of it!
r3020
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:
You keep saying that crap about guns when you know full well it isn't going to happen. You should not be able to refuse service because of race, religious, or sexual preference but I doubt there is a problem with refusing to service someone who would like to do away with you! You know that also! Healthcare needs to be reformed so that poor people can afford it, that people with a disease cannot be refused insurance, children can be covered. You also that the repubs refused to participate. They walked out of meetings and refused to talk about it.. Any time they did say something they wanted and Obama compromised and agreed, the repubs said NO and asked for something more. You know this! BUT you won't admit any of it!

Just another Obama lie. The bill was crap and that is why it didn't get one single repub vote. Even Nancy Pelosi said we had to pass the bill to find out what was in the bill. Then after it passed the administration wrote and additional 22,000 pages of regulation.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

That sounds like Megan Kelly talking! Why didn't the repubs want to help with it? I know, do you? Of course you do. The only goal the repubs were interested in was screwing up anything and everything they could to get rid of Obama. They didn't want to do anything to help! As for the addition "regs" the repubs screamed bloody murder about several things they thought/wanted him to do--delay the enactment. He did and then they screamed he was violating the constitution for doing that without congress! You know all of that!
r3020
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:
That sounds like Megan Kelly talking! Why didn't the repubs want to help with it? I know, do you? Of course you do. The only goal the repubs were interested in was screwing up anything and everything they could to get rid of Obama. They didn't want to do anything to help! As for the addition "regs" the repubs screamed bloody murder about several things they thought/wanted him to do--delay the enactment. He did and then they screamed he was violating the constitution for doing that without congress! You know all of that!

Because the bill is crap. Nothing but an immoral transfere of money from one group pf people to another. It was a reverse of the emacipation proclamation.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Then why didn't they work with him and get things worked out so it wouldn't be crap? They wouldn't do anything but complain. It is a very good start and if the repubs would quit taking their ball and going home, it might become something that would be great. All they are going to do now is try to ram THEIR plan down his throat. We will have that pipeline and those high paying union pipe fitters will get the big money and that oil will be refined and the gas sold on the world market. Are you happy now?
r3020
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:
Then why didn't they work with him and get things worked out so it wouldn't be crap? They wouldn't do anything but complain. It is a very good start and if the repubs would quit taking their ball and going home, it might become something that would be great. All they are going to do now is try to ram THEIR plan down his throat. We will have that pipeline and those high paying union pipe fitters will get the big money and that oil will be refined and the gas sold on the world market. Are you happy now?

Why do you hate pipe fitters? Why do you want them to stand in the welfare line? Why are you against them doing their job and making good money in the private sector? Those are the kind of projects that grow the economy.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Did I say anything about hating pipe fitters? NO! Did I even hint that I didn't want them to make money? NO! Did you complain about the high paying union people making lots of money? YES! The right has said (some of them) that it will produce about 42,000 "enduring" jobs. Yes, for maybe 2 years during construction, then there will be about 50 full time permanent jobs.