cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

How much will be enough?

I guess blacks have it worse in this country than any country in the world. And who pays? Are rich black athletes who play in 100s of millions dollar tax payer funded stadiums and make 10s of millions dollar/year exempt? Or do they also deserve reparations?

snip-

The history of slavery in the United States justifies reparations for African Americans, argues a recent report by a U.N.-affiliated group based in Geneva.

This conclusion was part of a study by the United Nations' Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent, a body that reports to the international organization's High Commissioner on Human Rights. The group of experts, which includes leading human rights lawyers from around the world, presented its findings to the United Nations Human Rights Council on Monday, pointing to the continuing link between present injustices and the dark chapters of American history.

"In particular, the legacy of colonial history, enslavement, racial subordination and segregation, racial terrorism and racial inequality in the United States remains a serious challenge, as there has been no real commitment to reparations and to truth and reconciliation for people of African descent," the report stated. "Contemporary police killings and the trauma that they create are reminiscent of the past racial terror of lynching."

Citing the past year's spate of police officers killing unarmed African American men, the panel warned against "impunity for state violence," which has created, in its words, a "human rights crisis" that "must be addressed as a matter of urgency."

The panel drew its recommendations, which are nonbinding and unlikely to influence Washington, after a fact-finding mission in the United States in January. At the time, it hailed the strides taken to make the American criminal justice system more equitable but pointed to the corrosive legacy of the past.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/09/27/u-s-owes-black-people-reparations-for-a...

3 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: How much will be enough?

Hey 3020, I didn`t see your post earlier Smiley Embarassed     I don`t think liberals will want to touch this...oh they`ll blow it off as "racist!" by blaming the potential victims/taxpayers that will have to pay for the disaster.  But the Alternet Media Matters haven`t given them "Talking Points" on this topic yet, so they don`t know what to "think".    Have their "fact checkers tm "  check into it   🙂

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: How much will be enough?

How many times do the progressives on board here ever

come up with something orginial that they have not read

elsewhere?

Pretty good examples of the types of deep thinkers on

the left. They need to have someone else tell them how

to think.

Thats why 8 years ago, they all thought marriage was one

man, one woman, and now they realize they thought wrong.

And they used to think that evolution created males and

females in certain formats, and now they realize that isn't

necessary true, either.

Any wonder why I call them "fruitcakes"?

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Krugman weighs in with Mrs. Clinton's "new ideas"

just trying to help the progressives out.....Dr. Krugman always seems to

listen to me , even when no one else does.

http://www.alternet.org/economy/paul-krugman-divulges-part-campaign-isnt-being-covered-and-its-whopp...