kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Huntsman

" We will break up the banks that are too big to fail!"

26 Replies
GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: Huntsman

Great idea. Fat chance if his party were to take over. Empty promise.

hardnox604008
Advisor

That is #1 on my essentials list for support.

# 2 is that if we must have a security state then we must have complete constititional oversight of it.  Which I'm thinking kinda runs counter to the basic purpose of why we have it to start with.

Unfortunately the President fails on both counts. 

dagwud
Senior Contributor

GTO: "Great idea. Fat chance if his party were to take over. Empty promise."  

While I agree that most of the Repub candidates would not have the ba!!$ to take on the Wall Street banks, I do think Ron Paul would offer some hope in this regard.

However my question to you, GTO is how well has your current president been at breaking up the to big to fail banks?  How well has Obama done at simply prosecuting these banks for their crimes that has cost the American people dearly?

You can wear your blinders till the cows come home and stay in denial but the truth is Obama has done nothing but cover up for the to big to fail banks.   He reminds me of the crooked cops in the movies that were bought off by the mafia.  

Please tell me how you personaly feel about Obama's handling of these banks and just what he has done to penalize them for their poor behavior and attempt to correct this problem so it never happens again.  List for me where the Obama D.O.J. has gone after these crooks like several states are now forced to do on their own.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

This responce is for you, dagwud, and hardnox. And athough I know you both probably think it's partisan on my part. My question for you both, is how much support has this President got from the GOP? Why do you think it's possible, with a GOP President and not a Democrat one?

cotman03
Senior Contributor

Both houses of Congress were Democratic majority for his first two years in office.  Blaming it on the GOP is completely inaccurate.  That hasn't stopped you before though.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Last I checked, Holder was OBAMAS Attourney General.

I can find absolutely nothing in a google search, where he has tried to prosecute crooked bankers, and was thwarted by the Republicans.  However, there ARE various State AGs who seem to be having no trouble finding enough evidence to start the ball rolling on prosecutions.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

GTO: "This response is for you, dagwud, and hardnox. And although I know you both probably think it's partisan on my part. My question for you both, is how much support has this President got from the GOP? Why do you think it's possible, with a GOP President and not a Democrat one?"

I don't think the Repub party would be better suited to go after the banks then the Dem party would be.  I think most Dems and Repub politicians would be like Obama and not have the guts to take the big banks.   My best hope for Repubs would be Ron Paul and for Dems would be Dennis Kucinich.  

GTO, you continue to make excuse after excuse for Obama on this matter.  He does not need support from Repubs to instruct his D.O.J. to go after the crooked bankers.  We already have laws on the books such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act that were clearly broken by several banking executives yet Obama refuses to act.   You keep trying to spin this to blame Repubs and cover up for Obama's inaction.  By doing so you only help the problem get worse.  Both parties have their bad apples and you should not be afraid to point them out including those in your own party.  We all complain about Congress for doing what is good for their party as opposed to what is good for the country yet you are doing the very same thing and don't seem to recognize it.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

@dagwud wrote:

GTO: "This response is for you, dagwud, and hardnox. And although I know you both probably think it's partisan on my part. My question for you both, is how much support has this President got from the GOP? Why do you think it's possible, with a GOP President and not a Democrat one?"

I don't think the Repub party would be better suited to go after the banks then the Dem party would be.  I think most Dems and Repub politicians would be like Obama and not have the guts to take the big banks.   My best hope for Repubs would be Ron Paul and for Dems would be Dennis Kucinich.  

GTO, you continue to make excuse after excuse for Obama on this matter.  He does not need support from Repubs to instruct his D.O.J. to go after the crooked bankers.  We already have laws on the books such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act that were clearly broken by several banking executives yet Obama refuses to act.   You keep trying to spin this to blame Repubs and cover up for Obama's inaction.  By doing so you only help the problem get worse.  Both parties have their bad apples and you should not be afraid to point them out including those in your own party.  We all complain about Congress for doing what is good for their party as opposed to what is good for the country yet you are doing the very same thing and don't seem to recognize it.

Dagwood, Trying to convince Dale of the obvious flaws in his Almighty Leader, Obama, is like trying to convince a member of the Waffen  that Hitler is a piece of $hi+. But, that is being redundant and I repeat myself.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

And in case you didn't know it, Craigo, it's people like you that have divided this country the way it is. Your references with the Nazi symbols are clearly and indication of how rascist, and bigoted you are. You really are NUTS!