cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Huntsman

"Are you suggesting that Bush 2 suffered the same amount of objectionable attacks as does Obama."

Yes I believe Bush was attacked by the opposition similar to what we saw with Clinton and what we now see with Obama.  If you recall at the time Don, Dems had Bush labeled as a draft dodging idiot that hated poor and elderly folks and was also a drunken cocaine user and married to a woman who was guilty of vehicular homicide at the least. 

"How did Bush get anything done with a congress that voted in lock step against him?"

How did Obama get health care reform passed?

Honored Advisor

The so called giants don`t want to run because with the internet your life gets totally trashed things are dug up that`s no one`s business.  Innocent episodes of youthful indiscretion will be brought up and spun so that no one will look at you the same again.  And it all comes down to how you can handle the Monica Lewinskys and Reverend Wrights and Bill Ayers in you can get elected.  With Mitt it`s"OOO he put a dog on the roof of the car!" and "OOO he`s a Mormon!"  and "OOO he had healthcare similar to Obamacare!" and "OOO he worked turning around bankrupt companies and creating jobs!OOO".  If that`s all "they" got, Mitt is the Man.

Senior Advisor

Was there that constant barrage of hateful rhetoric that Obama experiences? Be careful now because your credibility is at stake.

Actually Bush's drug plan was one of the best decisions of his presidency and that was quite a good benefit for seniors.

Senior Advisor

Let me know a year from now how that is working out for ya!

Senior Contributor

@kraft-t wrote:

There are a lot of dems discouraged about Obama but probably for different reasons than you have.. However, they see the hand worting on the wall and what republican congressmen and governors are trying to do and that will bring them to our senses.

All this effort to deny Obama any degree of success will be remembered. The constant barrage of negativity and opposition since before his inaugeration looks like a bunch of sore losers to me. Hopefully they will put them out to pasture but I doubt that we will.

Huntsman was the most decent man in the field. Now Paul is. Be sure to nominate him. I f we are going to lose by chance it best be the best candidate you have left.

All you people are reminding us of the dems who are likely to vote GOP.  None have mentioned how some Gophers are moving to the dems Huh.  From my experience it usually equals itself out and the status quo remains.  It is the died in the wool swinging voter matched with the first time voter who usually decides.

Ron Paul might be a nice guy but he doesn't have anything like what it takes to be Pres.  He is far too old and squeels about reducing the deficit and abandoning Iraq, blah, blah, blah,.  He is a nothing.

As I said months ago, Romney will get the nod and all this huffing and puffing on here is a waste of time.  So to take it further, I will p.redict, here and now, Obama will beat Romney by a small margin.  Remember you heard it here first and I will remind you of it as time goes on.