Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
11 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Hypocrite bagger...priceless

This person commented on your article and I agree with her:

vickj21 minutes agoin reply to sunder1382

DISCLAIMER: Before I get flamed, I am not nor ever will be a Con/TBagger. I'm more of a Krugman guy economically and socially liberal.

Now... that being said, he's got a point. This is what happened duruing the housing crisis - banks giving out loans that they didn't properly underwrite. This one just happens to be to a TBagger. The banks f*$&% up. They were responsible for a good chunk of the crash and, of course, have escaped any liability whatsoever. But that doesn't make him wrong about the facts of the case.

But he *is* an a!*hole in that he's trying to weasel out of something that's clearly his obligation. That's how business operates these days. So let's get a movement going to pass a constitutional amendment declaring that corporations are not persons in any way, shape, or form, particularly in matters of law and free speech. That's the only way I can  think of
Highlighted

Too close to home but reminds me of folks I know very well who did some shady things (or at least chose not to make good on some things that they could have) to stay in farming in the 80s and didn't appear to feel any personal responsibility or contrition whatsoever. Some are now rich, thanks to a lenient legal system and generous government policy. And no doubt in their family historical narrative they will be "great 'ol grampa who built the farm."

Of course there may be a bit of that in all our histories if we look hard enough so I'b best be careful casting that stone.

The narcissism lable gets tossed around too freely but I'd tend to explain it that way. And I'd go further to say that it is prevalent in certain new conservative circles as a broader cultural phenomenon- geee, look at me- I'm white, christian and an all around great person and the world would be a wonderful place if everyone were just like me.

Momma loved me like a rock.

Highlighted
Advisor

As do I...no question on all of her points.

I'd sign her petition or whatever she does to get that movement going. Of course, it runs into the recent Citizens United decision put down by the Bush/Roberts Court and any number of other decisions making corps a person. An ammendment would be needed, and likely could pass. It might clean up congress...I can't see much of a future of any member who would vote for it not being presented. But not for them to worry as the bought and owned Congress of today would never let it get out of committee.

Good to see a conservative who recognizes the culpability of the system. Kudos.  Many do not...most would like to see the public perception of the crisis remain as it was described by Mr. Santenelli, as entirely the fault fo deadbeat and devious borrowers on loans for sub-standard residiential properties.

The article was merely pointing out the hypocricy in the politician. If he feels as he does, wouldn't you like to see that emotion expressed more comprehensively? The bagger moement was formed largely on Santenelli's proposition.

Have you seen teh stuff on Michele Bachman's plea to the Administratino for huge portions of the (hated) stimulus funding for projects in St. Cloud and Stillwater? Same sort of hypocricy.

Either you is or you ain't.

Highlighted
Advisor

similar news

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: similar news

Youi gotta do what you gotta do.  I suppose you have never "broken wind" at an inopportune time.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Actually, that happens fairly often.  The guy is in trouble, the bank agrees on a re-fi, but gets taken over by another bank who wants payment in full.  The dirty little secret is the bank that took the first one over, often, if not usually gets these questionable loans ad a big discount, then makes huge profits by suing for the full amount.  They then sometimes settle for a price they can live with, sometimes they go to court, where sometimes the bank wins, sometimes the defendant wins.

The law reads that if the 'new' bank took over a loan from another bank, and at the time they knew it was 'bad', they can't collect the full amount if they bought the loan at a discount. 
I don't know the details of this case, but what I mentioned above is a definite possibility.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Too Funny!!!

I hope Bruce sees the humour in your link.

Funny, after BA Deere and I made such a point out of how Bruce tries so hard to find stories that just show his one sided outlook on things, that he would reinforce our views so quickly.

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: similar news

It was probably maddow
Highlighted
Senior Contributor