cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

I Found A YouTube Video of Myself

I was looking on the web for the schedule of a local Irish Pub and accidentially found a video that was made last May during the John Wayne Birthday celebration in Winterset that I and several other Irish session band players were doing.   John Wayne's daughter, Aissa, and her daughter were in attendance as well.  The Little Dublin Pub is a small, but nice place, but with the huge crowd, it was a bit noisy while we were playing.  Anyway, I am the bodhrán drum player on the far left, so you can see me playing it.  Not the best sound quality, but you can get the idea.  I like playing traditional Irish tunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cquzy1H1COs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o6FUk1ABN8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJEEF4p5SFw

3 Replies
Craig's Brother
Senior Contributor

Re: I Found A YouTube Video of Myself

@Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^) wrote:

I am the bodhrán drum player on the far left, so you can see me playing it.

I couldn't see you and only saw part of the drum.  I think you were hidden in the shadows.  Smiley Tongue

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

@Craig's Brother wrote:

I am the bodhrán drum player on the far left, so you can see me playing it.

I couldn't see you and only saw part of the drum.  I think you were hidden in the shadows.  Smiley Tongue

Yeah, there were so many of us playing that I was off the "spotlight" (which was fine with me as it was like a sauna bath in there), but look at all three videos.  Some you can see me better than the other.  There was a lady blocking the view in some of it.  I had no idea that anyone was even doing a video.

It was great fun and we played tunes from 9 pm to about 12:30 am.  I might get to do it again this year.  Co-star in the Quiet Man movie, actress Maureen O'Hara, is coming to Winterset to meet visitors.  I bet that they do the "Irish Theme" again this year.   Those guys usually meet up at the Java Joes coffee shop in downtown Des Moines once a month and play a session.  I wish I could find the time to join them during the week.  Driving bus makes it hard for me to be out and about when I have to get up at 4:30 in the morning to get ready to start a route.   Oh well..., I will have time once school is done for the summer.  Maybe I will pick you up sometime and we can enjoy an evening of Irish tunes.... or as they say in Irish, "Havin' the Craic". Smiley Very Happy

Craig's Brother
Senior Contributor

Maybe I will pick you up sometime and we can enjoy an evening of Irish tunes.... or as they say in Irish, "Havin' the Craic". Smiley Very Happy

One thing I can say for certain, once you hear those songs, it's hard to get them out of your head.  They are simple, rhythmic and repetitious, features which are paramount if you want them to stick like road tar.  Smiley Tongue