cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

I believe in Liz

Elizabeth Warren is the greatest moral figure in US politics today.  Not that it is a crowded field.

This is what I think she'll do:

I think she'll avoid endorsing either Sanders or Clinton but continue to support policy in a manner that is much more closely aligned with Sanders.

If Hillary wins the nomination Warren will be a good trooper and support her.

If Sanders wins it she'll accept the VP offer and, despite vast billionaire resources spent to undermine them, they'll win.

That will be a most wonderful occurrence but only the beginning because I doubt they'll do much better than bring the Senate back to 50/50 and maybe win back net 20 seats in the house.

The real turning, either way, may occur in 2018 and those typically aren't kind to the party that holds the White House. But you have to take into account that the republicans are all a bunch of #$%^s so I'll retain faith in the people when they have honest leadership.

15 Replies
UNIranch
Senior Contributor

Re: I believe in Liz

I think that she is best utilized in the Senate...that being said you are prolly right with a Sanders Warren ticket...wins in 2016 as well as 2020 and prolly again in 2024...suprised they havent been taking swipes at her already...more than usual I mean.

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Liz is special. I opened my check book to help her more than once. I think it was money well spent and sort of makes up for the cash I sent to Ronald Wilson Reagan.

bruce MN
Advisor

I've seen a couple of electoral college scenarios where that might be more possible than anyone would have thought as recently as a week ago.  Based primarily on the prospect of the GOP nominating one of the rwo goofballs who wouldn' be able to win any purple states or the kid who ran for student council all 6 years after having nominated himself and never sat on it getting absolutely eviscerated in the campaign debates. And a very definite lack of enthusiasm among traditional GOP voters. In my sphere, I'm encountering newbie GOP enthusiasm centered around hatred for Obama and Hillary from people who have never been politicized by anyone or anything before and deep silence from people who have been loyal Republicans all their lives.  

It's very possibly an all bets are off race.

I dunno.  Little I've picked up on what went on tonight is that Kasich was quite good.. 

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

probably no worse than McGovern, Mondale, Dukakis, or Howard Dean. How did those guys do?

hardnox
Advisor

I'm glad she didn't run, it would have been an entirely different dynamic.

But given the vein that Bernie has unexpectedly mined, huge possibilities may open up.

And what I was saying was I think she's smart enough to see it.

hardnox
Advisor

All Kasich does is serve as a marker for how many Not Crazy republicans remain.

Scary thing, I guess, if he could add a little Not Crazy to a Rubio or Cruz ticket.

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Yep. Kasich is the bright bulb in the lamp. I'll not vote for him but he is their best candidate, that is if they want someone that knows how to govern in a democratic republic. I think most of them think they are being elected dictator that has unrestricted control over the government.

hardnox
Advisor

It's a different world now, the question is whether people are ready to admit it. It isn't an accident that the GOP field is an assembly of nutjubs- the game is now about distracting people who are on the losing end.

The upward transfer of wealth and power via the neolib project is nowhere more evident than rural America.

The ag lobbies were the most consistent and powerful supporters of NAFTA and the admission of China into WTO and people high on the food chain have benefitted.

With Iowa receding in the rearview mirror lets take a look at their part in it. US corn and sweetener was a factor forcing Mexican immigration. IBP and non-union labor had already broken the eastern meatcutting unions and the wage structure migrated westward. The 1995 strategic outlook for agriculture envisioned rural development as a matter of being the low cost producer and exporter in a globalist order.

Now people want to kick Mexicans.

Bernie's program doesn't even reverse the upward wealth redistribution, it just, maybe, freezes it.

I won't argue with anybody who will be involved in an estate of more thatn $6.5 million, or makes overn $350,000/yr, or I guess is on the high end of medical insurance, medicein pharma (the nurses are for Bernie) or, Wall street, probably even down to the Jones rep in Hooterville.

But that isn't very many people.

hardnox
Advisor

PS. in the list of people who should oppose Bernie I left out the biggest one which I've elaborated on recently.

That would be anyone with many $M or $B of built in capital gains.

But again, that isn't very many people at all, just a lot of dollars to try to sway it.