cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

I do like what

the stock market is doing / has done. It was pretty well known before Trump took office, that there was a lot of pent up money, that people were reluctant to put into equities.

Enough time has passed now, that I have to give our current administration credit for the continuation of what the Obama administration got going.

I'm not sure what my return in the market will be, but I suspect something north of 10%.

I am concerned- quite concerned - of the market being overheated. But company profits are still good - and it's what is keeping me in.

Jen
5 Replies
AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

Re: I do like what

All of this is Bush's fault but it is aided by Trump. Fat chance if you think the big 0 had anything positive to do with this...

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Whatever Allen - think what you want to think.

Tick Tock.....BONGx9!!!!!!!!
Jen
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Enlighten yourself Allen.

Beliefs do not matter when FACTS show different.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/antoinegara/2017/08/18/donald-trump-is-beginning-to-lose-to-obama-in-hi...

President Donald Trump is beginning to fall behind his predecessor President Barack Obama on one key gauge of his agenda: The stock market.

From Trump's Inauguration Day to present, the S&P 500 Index has gained around 7%. That's less than a third of the 25% gain the S&P posted over the same horizon after Obama took office in 2009. Going forward Trump, who ran on an agenda of business-friendly policies such as tax cuts and deregulation, may find Obama a tough foe when it comes to stock market gains.

During Obama's eight years in office, the S&P 500 returned 235% or 16.4% annually, one of the best performances of any recent president, as markets recovered from the carnage of the financial crisis and the U.S. economy emerged from the "Great Recession." By the time he left office, Obama's stock market performance was in-line with gains posted under President Ronald Reagan amid a curbing of inflation, a revival of growth and the market's quick recovery from the 1987 crash. President Bill Clinton holds the mantle for the biggest gains of any recent president, having held office during the technology boom of the 1990s.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(President Donald Trump is beginning to fall behind his predecessor President Barack Obama on one key gauge of his agenda: The stock market.)

(During Obama's eight years in office, the S&P 500 returned 235%.....)

Obama cost us 10 trillion to accomplish his rise in the stock markets, hopefully Trump will keep the cost down - not looking good so far.

In my opinion, the fed will hike rates which will greatly slow the markets.  Should have been done years ago but the Fed Chair didn't want to hurt Obama's stock market.  Hopefully with Trump, the Fed Chair will do what's best for our Country and not worry about the President's stock market legacy like they did with Obama.

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

What a total crock. For 8 years I watched our 401 K be flat to down and it is just now headed up a very pleasant amount. It seems some of you people think what others tell you instead of looking at your own bank account. But then some of you have nothing so you wouldn't know.