cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

I do understand why

certain of my posts disappear- like academic papers on cervical injuries in hangings.

Don't really understand why one on the consideration of a national ID system as a possible solution for the immigration problem would.

6 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: I do understand why

Don`t we essentially have a "national ID system" I don`t leave the farm without my wallet and drivers license.  Can`t drive without it and I`m not going to walk 10 miles to town and what would I do if I got to town without my wallet?   If you don`t have a ID, you`re probably up to no good.

Trouble is, if you identify illegal aliens and give them amnesty instead of kicking them out, what have you accomplished? 

Advisor

Thank you for proving the points I was making. Primarily about how we really don't want a solution so we do cruel Reality TV theater.

Advisor

Can't really make things run without them- particularly in agriculture- not just picking fruits and veggies but in meat packing and dairy too.

But we got deadlocked on clarifying their status way back when the GOP killed Bush's comprehensive reform proposals and have been stuck since.

It is actually happenstance in part. When the RW was desperately working to capture the populist anger following their GFC debacle they landed on that as one that resonated.

Honored Advisor

So where does the "kids in cages" fit in all this?   A 8yr old bawler ain`t gonna butcher very many hogs or dig that many taters.   Oh I know "You`re soooo meeeean"  but are we talking economics or being meeeeean?

Advisor

You were probably always a sick puppy but the "aw shucks" mask is slipping.

Senior Advisor

Truth brings out the hate in progressives.