cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I don`t care who`s president...

...when young people have Covid parties" and the "winner" who catches Covid wins a pot of money.  Hillary ain`t gonna stop it, Joe Biden ain`t gonna stop it and Covid rates would even sky rocket if Ooooobama ♥♥♥ was in office.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/alabama-students-throw-covid-parties-152244838.html  

Young people need to take COVID-19 seriously, but many reports show they don’t

Young people appear to be statistically least likely to suffer serious effects of COVID-19. But that doesn’t mean that young people who get sick always have a mild case — some get seriously ill, and some die. And young people have another important role to play in the pandemic: Helping prevent the spread of the disease to more vulnerable people. But headlines coming out of some southern states, where the coronavirus is currently surging, suggest that young people just aren’t taking the pandemic seriously, and it’s terrifying.

In Alabama, Tuscaloosa city councilors discussed “COVID parties” that they say students are throwing, making a game out of intentionally infecting one another. Councilor Sonya McKinstry said students will organize a party, and then invite one or more people who they know have recently tested positive.

“They put money in a pot and they try to get COVID. Whoever gets COVID first gets the pot. It makes no sense,” she said. “They’re intentionally doing it.”

Tuscaloosa Fire Chief Randy Smith testified to the city council that he had confirmed that rumors of these COVID parties are true.

“We thought that was kind of a rumor at first,” he said. “We did some research. Not only do the doctors’ offices confirm it but the state confirmed they also had the same information.”

Earlier this week, in a New York Times article about the surge of COVID cases in Florida, 19-year-old Ian Scott, who is a sophomore in Orlando, described how he and his friends have turned the pandemic into a game.

“We’re seeing positive, positive, positive, positive,” said Scott, who himself tested positive last week. “My generation says: ‘Let’s get this over with. Let’s suck it up for two weeks, sit in our rooms, play video games, play with our phones, finish online classes, and it’s over.”

Scott said he and his friends get tested as a game, challenging each other to get through the nasal swab without crying. He said so far, half his fraternity has tested positive.

It’s never been a secret that kids can be selfish and stupid, but this is a new level. COVID-19 has killed more than half a million people globally, and more than 128,000 in the U.S. alone. If young people can’t be bothered to take this seriously and stop spreading illness, they will be playing a direct role in others becoming ill and even dying.

See the original article on ScaryMommy.com

11 Replies
sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Re: I don`t care who`s president...

Maybe not BA,  the media would have downplayed the whole thing and the kids wouldn't be so focused on it.

Boomer Esiason made some comments that some SEC and Clemson football players were intentionally getting it now so as not to mess with the season.  If you consider some of these guys stand to make millions on their draft position its an rational thing to do.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Hey Sam, the kids`ll be alright.  It`s just retarded hateful posters on here are going to have a field day with "50,001 covid cases in Fla and it`s Trump`s fault!!!!".  

I really don`t know how smart it would be to purposely infect yourself with any strain of the flu, because of spreading to at-risk people and it possibly mutating into something that even young people can`t handle.  Some flu strains harm young people more, because like the Swine flu in the 1970`s the young people don`t have that in their history.

But retards saying "spike in Covid numbers...Trump`s fault!!!" how does a president herd cats?  The numbers will go up. 

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

when you have free testing to see if you have the virus, but it costs $200 to see if you HAD the virus, guess how the numbers will be skewed?

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@rsbs wrote:

when you have free testing to see if you have the virus, but it costs $200 to see if you HAD the virus, guess how the numbers will be skewed?

I'm about 99% certain my wife positive was false.  Unless you want your household in quarantine for 24 days, If youre not showing symptoms dont get tested.  

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

What’s retarded BA, is how you cult members skew and spin the truth.

We are supposed to be the best country in the world for health care, yet have one of the worst, if not THE worst, record for dealing with this virus.

We didn’t have a handle on this virus from the beginning, and still don’t.  And you can try and spin this away from Trump and people like yourselves, but it isn’t going to work.  America KNOWS who dropped the ball on this.....IT’S TRUMP AND HIS CULT, that has tried to minimize it from the start to save “his economy”.  It’s what America sees - it’s what America knows.  And this one, you’re not going to make go away, no matter how many times you go around on your “sit and spin” toy.  

And you cult members do share in the responsibility for the deaths.  And you WILL PAY FOR IT, this fall....

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying.....

Jen

elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

If this story, and people trying

To get covid19, is true, what a

Said thing we have become.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

It’s apparently true Cheapo.   And yes - it’s sad

It's sad, so sad,

What a sad sad situation,

And it’s getting more and more absurd!

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying....

Jen

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

It doesn`t actually have a thing to do with politics per se. Look at all the idiots that went out and got tattoos multiple piercings earrings in their nose and stuff.  Then snorting Tide Pods, you can`t fix stupid and all this weirdness mostly to place in the "Land of the Free and Home of the Brave".  Affluence is a wonderful thing, but sometimes common sense goes out the window with it. 

But with the "herd of cats" that we have, to say "Trump blotched the handling of Covid and the reopening. Covid cases up Yay!  Covid deaths up Yay! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy   He`s gonna looooose in November!  Smiley Very Happy "   that`s really uncalled for and classless.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

@BA Deere wrote:

But with the "herd of cats" that we have, to say "Trump blotched the handling of Covid and the reopening. Covid cases up Yay!  Covid deaths up Yay! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy   He`s gonna looooose in November!  Smiley Very Happy "   that`s really uncalled for and classless.

And true.  Just look at what happened last night in Rapid City.    You REALLY think that Trump is handling the virus crisis correctly?    Was last night really necessary?   What is Trump really showing America, and the world?  Uncalled for and classless?  You bet... 

Beyond that - have a safe and fun 4th of July weekend.

Jen